Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 06:54 PM
7d7
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

I just got mine yesterday, #HE061,9XX. Took exactly 20 days after mailing in the app. w/out a plate# (But the # was in the system). A week later I actually sent in a second application right after I got my plate# because I had called the DMV after reading about people being rejected and they confirmed that I would be w/out a plate#. Guess I also got lucky. Dunno if they will figure it out or end up sending another set of stickers... Less than 13K to go.

Edit: FYI: Even though they processed my first app. w/out it, I was able to get the plate# from the DMV clerk at the dealer before the plates had actually arrived. I think the people that were rejected likely did not have their plate# registered in the system yet.

Last edited by 7d7; 06-10-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Received replacement stickers for my HCH2 that was hit in the rear bumper. #611--

What happens when they run out of stickers and someone gets into an accident where their bumper has to be replaced? Do they loose privilege?

Old 06-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 7d7
I think the people that were rejected likely did not have their plate# registered in the system yet.
Yep, agreed.

Old 06-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by birchman2
Well a couple of days ago I received my application back stating that they needed a plate number. Five weeks past and I'm still waiting on a plate.
Well I received my plates a couple of days ago and immediately sent for the HOV sticker. The count down begins car pool lane here I come.

Old 06-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Enthusiast

O.K. Here is a a strange question.

The HOV benefit is nice to be sure but by nature of my driving patterns not a all-the-time major benefit for me. Add to that the distaste I have for "bumper sticker" adhesives anywhere on my car let alone the quarter panel paint.
So I got to thinking......

Is there any regulation in California or any other physical reason why I couldn't stick the stickers on to that magnetic material they use for company signs (cut to match the stickers shape) and just attach them when I need them? Seems I might be able to have my cake and eat it too, unless there's a legal problem. I realize I would still have ot have the FasTrack transponder but that's no problem.

Thoughts?

Dan

Old 06-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The only time you "need" the stickers is when you are IN the lane.
When moving a cop can't tell if it is on a magnet.

Note: your bumper is plastic.
Magnets don't stick to plastic.
The side ones can go on the metal body.
the rear one can go next to the hybrid badge, which I think is metal.
But the front one. . . . I don't know of any metal there.

Originally Posted by dgkenney
O.K. Here is a a strange question.

The HOV benefit is nice to be sure but by nature of my driving patterns not a all-the-time major benefit for me. Add to that the distaste I have for "bumper sticker" adhesives anywhere on my car let alone the quarter panel paint.
So I got to thinking......

Is there any regulation in California or any other physical reason why I couldn't stick the stickers on to that magnetic material they use for company signs (cut to match the stickers shape) and just attach them when I need them? Seems I might be able to have my cake and eat it too, unless there's a legal problem. I realize I would still have ot have the FasTrack transponder but that's no problem.

Thoughts?

Dan

Old 06-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Active Enthusiast
Exclamation Move This Thread? Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Shouldn't this thread, although started in HCH, be moved to the General Hybrid section??

Thanks,

Michael

Old 06-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Enthusiast

I just got mine yesterday. Number 64,XXX. I sent the appication when I got the car w/o a plate number and the app. was returned. I resent the app. once I got my plate number and it took two weeks to recive the stickers. It took about 35 days from the purchase of the car to get the stickers.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yikes...stickers will be extinct by the end of summer at this rate.

The good news is that my fiancee's contemplating a hybrid purchase. She still may have a chance for the stickers, but unfortunately stealers around here don't seem to be cutting a lot of fair deals.

Lansing

Old 06-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Still waiting on my sticker. I see they just cashed the check yesterday. Hopefully the car pool lane will be a reality now. Did anyone ever figure out how to put the stickers on without actually sticking them to the car.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands