Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

The bulletproof glass is so the DMV employees can't shoot us.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yes, low 54,000's, like 54012 or something super low like that.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:00 PM

Okay, here's an update. You've probably seen my posts about the dealer who "forgot" to get the registration in (for a MONTH), and my application for the stickers was rejected. I resubmitted my application last Thursday. On Monday of this week, the dealer finally got the registration done. In fact, they even got the plates (have NO idea how they did that!). With plates in hand, I decided to send in ANOTHER app to DMV... heck, it's only $8.

I decided to call DMV to find out status of stickers. The line was busy all of yesterday. Called today and got through. Spoke with Warren. He said it's good that I resubmitted with the plate number. He admitted that it's up to the whim of the DMV clerk if they give stickers without a plate number. I asked what sticker number they were up to... he didn't know, but said "You'll have no trouble getting a sticker for your car".

I feel a little better. I'll feel much better once the check is cancelled. I'll feel WONDERFUL when I can finally use the carpool lane!!!

Old 04-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm finding that, when I use the carpool lane, my fuel economy takes a hit. That's because it's not safe (or sane) to go 65mph in the carpool lanes in So Cal. Seems the minimum I can get away with without having some idgit on my rear bumper with brights on is about 72mph. So far, that seems to be dragging my mileage from 46+ down to around 40-41mpg. But, I'll tell you what; It's real nice being able to go around the choke-points just about everytime!

That being said, I got caught this afternoon in a part of the I-5 South in Santa Ana where the carpool lane is kind of walled in (no ingress or egress) and there was a "sweeper" train there slowing everyone in that lane to a crawl while the regular traffic just zipped by.

Oh, well. At least when I was stopped, the engine wasn't running.

Still, I'm extremely happy to have my stickers and hope everyone that has applied eventually gets theirs, too!

Old 04-13-2006, 06:51 AM
Enthusiast

I purchased a Honda GX in March (I also have a FEH) and mailed an application for a HOV sticker on April 1st. The DMV received the application on April 4th, they cashed the check on April 7th, and I received my stickers on April 12th. They are white and numbered in the low 2000's. AND they don't look that bad! Are the hybrid stickers yellow?

Old 04-13-2006, 06:59 AM
Enthusiast

I get about 30 MPG GGE. Right now I go to the city yard to purchase CNG and it cost about $1.45 GGE. I purchased a PHILL ($3500 with installation) and it's getting installed now in my garage. So far it's been great.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Barry,

Yes the stickers are yellow. Post pictures of the white one if you can....

Old 04-13-2006, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by barry2557
I get about 30 MPG GGE. Right now I go to the city yard to purchase CNG and it cost about $1.45 GGE. I purchased a PHILL ($3500 with installation) and it's getting installed now in my garage. So far it's been great.
I was ready to buy a GX when the hybrid carpool law was enacted, so I got the hybrid.

I think the PHILL is ridiculously atrociously expensive. I would never buy it for that kind of money.

Old 04-13-2006, 07:51 PM

Barry how many miles can you go on a phill-up?

Old 04-14-2006, 07:19 AM
Enthusiast

I'm having my PHILL "appliance" installed today. I haven't really tried to push to see how far I can go without PHILL installed. But if my math is correct:
I get around 30 MPG x 8 GGE so that should give me a max of 240.
The longest I've gone without a fill-up is 160 miles. Once the PHILL is installed I won't be afraid to push it more.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands