Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 07:30 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Here is what my sticker looks like. Remember, I have a Honda GX.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
sticker.zip (153.6 KB, 55 views)
Old 04-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by barry2557
The longest I've gone without a fill-up is 160 miles. Once the PHILL is installed I won't be afraid to push it more.
Push it more? You'll probably leave home every morning with a full tank of gas and rarely if ever have to fill up at a station. So you won't get much of a chance to test your range.

Old 04-14-2006, 11:33 AM

I considered the GX, but the range was a real concern. Published range (per Honda) is about 200. With the lack of availability of stations for fillups, that means you really can't take it on a trip. It can really only be a commuter car... great if that's all you need it for, but I do like to do an annual long trip... and a monthly run to San Diego (110 miles). Couldn't make a round trip!

I do admit that filling up in my own garage is a very nice benefit, though!

BTW, have you checked out the spare tanks you can install? I saw a round one which fills the spare tire area. Don't know how much additional range it gives, and rear collision safety could be a concern.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
I considered the GX, but the range was a real concern. Published range (per Honda) is about 200. With the lack of availability of stations for fillups, that means you really can't take it on a trip. It can really only be a commuter car... great if that's all you need it for, but I do like to do an annual long trip... and a monthly run to San Diego (110 miles). Couldn't make a round trip!
There are web sites that list all the natural gas filling stations. I'm sure you can easily find one in San Diego and in any other metropolitan area.

Old 04-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Pretty cool Barry, pretty much like ours, but white !!!! And it camouflages well with your silver Hybrid, cool !

Old 04-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Enthusiast
Angry Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

So I have to share my absolute frustration with the DMV/Fast Trak!

I bought a 2006 HCH in March. Mind you, I really wanted to wait before buying a new car but with the Tax Credit and the fantasy that my 2 hour and 20 minute per day commute would be cut in half with HOV access, I made the desision to bite the bullet and buy early this year. After waiting the nearly 2 mos for the car to arrive at the dealership, I immediately went, IN PERSON, to Fast Trak, opened an account and mailed my COMPLETE sticker application of to the DMV. Since then, I have had it rejected 3 times! The rejection notice says they have no record of the registration, yet each of the 3 times I have called and spoken to a person dealling with these apps at the 'Special Processing Unit' they tell me that the system does show my car and reg as being processed but no record of the sticker application.

So today, I was fit to be tied having recieved the latest rejection notice, I called DMV AGAIN, and asked the guy to walk through the application line by line with me and to compare it to the VIN records in their system. In about 3 minutes we had identified the culprit. The screen shot from Fast Trak had a typo in the VIN, ONE digit was transposed. The DMV processor was entering the VIN from the Fast Trak Account instead of the one listed on both the sticker application and the purchase order....so frustrated.

Anyway, Fast Trak has sent me a new screen shot and I have resubmitted my application. I guess we'll see what happens this time. Anyway, I just wanted to vent to other poeple who might have some understanding for my complete disgust withthis whole process. The worst part is that I live in the South Bay Area and commute up the Pennisula, I don't even get on a road or bridge that uses Fast Trak! ARGH!!

Old 04-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

My personal experience of the use of the HOV lane is; I get on in orange county on friday night and usually someone slows the traffic down slower than the regular lanes so I get out as soon as I can. On sunday night I get on again and usually it isnt necessary but when the traffic is really bad like last night Easter night all the lanes seem to go the same speed. and I heard how we are the ones slowing the traffic in the HOV lanes.
Any Ideas why traffic is so screwed up in thatHOV lane?

Old 04-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast

Random braking and Delivery Trucks up here in Nor. Cal.

Old 04-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Enthusiast

Just received my stickers, number 55778.

Took less than two weeks - suprised the heck out of me. I also used the temporary tag id for license.

good luck

Old 04-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lolli17707
So I have to share my absolute frustration with the DMV/Fast Trak!

I bought a 2006 HCH in March. Mind you, I really wanted to wait before buying a new car but with the Tax Credit and the fantasy that my 2 hour and 20 minute per day commute would be cut in half with HOV access, I made the desision to bite the bullet and buy early this year. After waiting the nearly 2 mos for the car to arrive at the dealership, I immediately went, IN PERSON, to Fast Trak, opened an account and mailed my COMPLETE sticker application of to the DMV. Since then, I have had it rejected 3 times! The rejection notice says they have no record of the registration, yet each of the 3 times I have called and spoken to a person dealling with these apps at the 'Special Processing Unit' they tell me that the system does show my car and reg as being processed but no record of the sticker application.

So today, I was fit to be tied having recieved the latest rejection notice, I called DMV AGAIN, and asked the guy to walk through the application line by line with me and to compare it to the VIN records in their system. In about 3 minutes we had identified the culprit. The screen shot from Fast Trak had a typo in the VIN, ONE digit was transposed. The DMV processor was entering the VIN from the Fast Trak Account instead of the one listed on both the sticker application and the purchase order....so frustrated.

Anyway, Fast Trak has sent me a new screen shot and I have resubmitted my application. I guess we'll see what happens this time. Anyway, I just wanted to vent to other poeple who might have some understanding for my complete disgust withthis whole process. The worst part is that I live in the South Bay Area and commute up the Pennisula, I don't even get on a road or bridge that uses Fast Trak! ARGH!!
It took me 7 months to get my HOV lane stickers. Idiots kept insisting I hadn't sent in my $8 fee, even after I mailed, and then faxed a copy of the check!

Last edited by lifespeed; 04-20-2006 at 05:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands