Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Originally Posted by tcz78
I was wondering if anyone else had a long time from the date the DMV cashed the check until stickers were received. Today is the 19th and my check was cashed on the 3rd. I am a little concerned because it seems they are getting very close to the magic 85,000 number and if I have to re-submit they may be out of stickers.

Thank you
Don't worry. If they've cashed your check then you're in. Call 'em.

Old 10-22-2006, 03:14 AM
Enthusiast

Ha!!! Finally the stickers arrived!!! And I couldn't be happier!!! They arrived in the mail yesterday. I guess I was cutting it close too, since my number is in the 79,990's!!!

Only thing I am bummed about is having to put them on. I never have wanted to put stickers on my car. I guess I'll get over it though...

Good Luck to everybody else that may be waiting for theirs.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Enthusiast

congratulations! that was a long time waiting.

any guesses on when these stickers will get to the 85,000 mark? the person who gets that number should get a prize. and the lucky 84,999 should get runner-up prize.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Does anyone remember what the envelope to the sticker from the DMV looks like? I recevied mine but I prolonged putting them on my vehicle because I was in the process of moving and now I cannot find the stickers. I have 3 boxes of letters requiring my attention and a few loose piles but I can't find it, I seem to recall it being in brownish envelope but maybe that's why I can't find it because it was something else?

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 10-25-2006, 10:34 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

iirc, very similar to registration envelope. white.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

Someone rear-ended my car again! This is my 3rd bumper in the year that I've owned my HCH2. Anyone have to replace their stickers?
If I get new stickers, I'm thinking of putting the stickers at a higher location, so when my bumper gets hit again, I won't have to replace the stickers for a 3rd time.

Yes, I live in Los Angeles where people speed and drive like idiots. We have no police monitoring speeds -- I guess there is no budget for traffic control in California?

Last edited by chesleyn; 10-28-2006 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry, no experience on replacement stickers.

I too have been 'tapped' in the carpool lane. Traffic can go from 75mph to 0 mph in a heartbeat, so if someone behind me isn't careful....

Might be a conspiracy to get 'previously owned' bumpers with STICKERS out there!!!

Seriously, I did see on the forms that there are provisions for replacements.

Good luck,
Lansing

Old 10-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

Did I read somewhere on this forum that someone figured out how to apply the stickers using a magnet or something? Did they put it on a hard surface and bolt it on? I dont remember, but that might be an option.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 10-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Enthusiast

Lansing,

Did you apply for the stickers without the license plates? I bought my car 2 weeks back and have not applied for the stickers.. Do you know of a faster way to expediate the process?

Thanks

Old 10-31-2006, 08:20 AM
Enthusiast

Hi could anyone provide the latest information regarding the carpool stickers.

Is the VIN number sufficient or do we need to also send:
Is the plate number mandatory?
Do they need a copy of the registration?

What are some tips and what can we do to acquire information regarding the processing of our request.

thank you in advance and sorry if it's repetitive but I keep reading contradicting information everywhere.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands