Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 08:45 AM
EKL
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Dont' worry about ruin your paint. You're selling your '02 Insight anyway. I think the stickers will only increase the resell value of your car!

But you might worry about getting new stickers for your pre-order 06 HCH! I think DMV limit to 70K or 75K stickers.

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
I got the stickers, but never put them on because I didn't know if they would ruin my paint. Anyone try to remove one yet?

Old 04-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EKL

But you might worry about getting new stickers for your pre-order 06 HCH! I think DMV limit to 70K or 75K stickers.
It's 75K. They're now at about 57K and there are three months left to go more or less.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grounded
[/b]Thats why I put mine on magnetic sign material and after trimming the edges you cant tell.
They just wont stick to the bumper. Who cares there on the car!

Grounded...where did you get "magnetic sign material"? Where did you end up putting the HOV stickers (...magnetics) on your O6 Civic?

Thanks
Mike

Old 04-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

After all my kavetching about all of the single occupant cheaters in the carpool lanes here in Southern California; I finally can applaud the CHP. I left work early today to rush home and wrap up a contract job.. On the way home on the 405 freeway, I was stuck in traffic patiently waiting fo r the opening to enter the HOV lane and cursing as I see cheaters drive past. Finally, I enter the carpool and not more than 1/2 mile down the freeway I see about 6 CHP motorcycle officers writing tickets to all those cheaters that flew past me.

There is a God!

Old 04-27-2006, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by chesleyn
Finally, I enter the carpool and not more than 1/2 mile down the freeway I see about 6 CHP motorcycle officers writing tickets to all those cheaters that flew past me.
Yay!

Well, it is the end of the month and they have to meet their quota.

Old 04-27-2006, 07:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hats off to the CHP

Its about time
I see it all the time.
I hear guys at work brag that they get in that lane at night and get away with it.

I'm one of those guys like you who waited for my sticker.

JC

I support legal immigration

I DO NOT support illegal immigration

Old 04-27-2006, 01:16 PM

I'm glad when I see that, too... but it's all too rare. In addition to the thin CHP patrolling of the HOV lanes, there are the professional cheaters out there... the ones in the cheatermobiles... you know, the ones with the ultra-dark window tinting!

I'm still patiently awaiting my stickers. Check was cashed 10 days ago... still nothing in the mail. Will those things EVER come???

Old 04-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Smile Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

I'm proud to report that I am officially HOV legal now! Sticker # 57,131 arrived in the mail today. Within 30 seconds of my arriving home, I was installing them. I've never been so excited to put something so ugly on my car ! But my neighbor went one step farther... he said for the ability to use the HOV lane, he'd be willing to ride with a giant chicken head attached to the roof of the car! I'm guessing that might impact fuel consumption, though!!!

Old 04-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

Jeff
Congrats enjoy with pride,

I saw a 2005 civic owner in the carpool lane this morning.

He had stickers and was riding solo,

I was driving my company truck

I noticed he was driving slower than everyone else

He wasnt keeping up with traffic

He had a line of traffic behind him

I dont know how fast he was going but

I was doing 70 and I went by like he was doing 50

Now that gives us a bad name

JC (Costa Mesa)

I support legal immigration

Not Illegal Immigration

Old 04-28-2006, 11:22 AM

I was doing 67 - 69 with a Cadillac riding my bumper. I guess I'm going to have to get used to that. Ahhhh the choices...

1) Ride in the right lane at 58 mph, getting 47mpg... but get stuck in nasty stop & go traffic and suffer lower mpg at times

2) Ride in the HOV lane but be forced to go 67, getting 44 mpg (guesstimate).

While I'm trying for the highest MPG, using the carpool lane poses some interesting challenges.

Question for everyone who uses the HOV... what is your average HOV speed? Are you doing minimum 65 to keep the non-hybrid legal HOV users happy? Are you pressured to go faster? Do you just not care and go less than the limit? What about when you have a cheater behind you (do you slow it down because they shouldn't be there anyway!)?

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands