Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 03:55 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Turns out there WAS a problem. I went to the DMV office the DAY after I bought my car, on 1/11/06. The man at the desk told me to drop my application in the Express Drop Box. WRONG MOVE !!!! I called CARB last week, and they told me the application was most CERTAINLY lost. Apparently by dropping it in there, it will never get to the office its supposed to go to, which isn't technically the DMV. Since those payments stay within DMV, its lost to time and space. So I had to resend the check and application all over again. Now I've got to wait another month....grrrr....

Check sent out: 2/6/06

Last edited by mexiken; 02-15-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Enthusiast

With all these rumors about CARB stopping the stickers at 50,000 for Caltrans to evaluate their impact, I decided to just pick up the phone and call CARB directly. Both people I talked to confirmed that NO they will NOT stop at 50K, they plan on issuing all 75,000 as Caltrans has already begun their investigation and that the stickers will last for the next few months. Both folks were very friendly and reassuring, which was nice given that I've been a nervous wreck because my Prius doesn't even arrive at the lot until next week! So I don't know if it was just the media spreading the stopping at 50K rumor or everyone just reading the law too literally, but I'm reassured by hearing it straight from CARB. Anyone else who can corroborate this information from any other sources, please share, it'll make me feel that much better!

Old 02-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

so, is anyone the user with stickers # > 50k?

Old 02-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

For those in the Bay Area - since you have to have a Hybrid Fastrak Transponder first - do you get a receipt if you apply in person in San Francisco and can you use that receipt to apply for the HOV stickers right away? If i mail the Fastrak application i won't have any confirmation until i get the transponder which could be in several weeks. Can anyone let me know. Thanks.

Old 02-18-2006, 11:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Good news I think... Check cleared out yesterday, as expected....

Mailed - Jan 28
Check Cleared - Feb 17
Stickers received - I think they'll come in a few days

Old 02-19-2006, 04:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cityscapex5
For those in the Bay Area - since you have to have a Hybrid Fastrak Transponder first - do you get a receipt if you apply in person in San Francisco and can you use that receipt to apply for the HOV stickers right away? If i mail the Fastrak application i won't have any confirmation until i get the transponder which could be in several weeks. Can anyone let me know. Thanks.
Yes, I got my Fastrak transponder in person in S.F. Got the receipt on the spot and mailed my sticker application the next day.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Enthusiast

In the last few weeks I've noticed several Honda Accord Hybrids with HOV stickers...I thought they were not eligible for the stickers...

Old 02-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gearmike
In the last few weeks I've noticed several Honda Accord Hybrids with HOV stickers...I thought they were not eligible for the stickers...
I saw one a couple of months ago.

No, they are not eligible?

How do they get them? DMV stupidy? Bribes? DMV employees and friends?

Elan

Old 02-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Enthusiast

finally check cleared today 2/21/06 after sending my app. on 2/01/06.
Hopefully i will receive it this week. I will update you guys with the sticker number. Do you guys think they will cash my second check , cause i sent another app on feb 13, with my license plate number, cause the first one i put "brand new" in the license plate . Or will they disregard my second app?

Old 02-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Enthusiast

Application mailed: 1/31
Check cashed: 2/17
Stickers received: 2/22

Sticker # 492xx

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands