Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Originally Posted by chesleyn
I drive 65-70 and do not pay attention to my rear view mirror. I've noticed most SUV drivers will ride my butt. If they get too close, I let off the accelerator and they'll usually fly over the double double yellows and go around me. Jeorks. If I'm going 70 and I'm still too slow for you, too bad.

When I first got my HCH2 and put on my stickers, the first commute day was strange. A woman in an old beat up POS (piece of s---) rode my butt in the carpool lane. She was driving by herself -- obviously in a huge hurry.

She swerved out of the carpool as soon as traffic lightened in the regular lanes and double flipped me off. The members on this site said she was probably upset that I had dealer tags and carpool stickers on a gorgeous new HCH2. Must have really upset her.
Honestly, I experience the same thing, but I try to be hyper sensitive since there are a lot of guys out there resentful that I'm in the carpool lane by myself. That said, if I can travel at the same rate of speed outside the carpool lane (not often), I do it. If not, I try to keep up in the HOV lane within reason.

Another subject, what number stickers are you guys now seeing??

Thanks!

Old 05-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Here's something funny: In the last week, there have been two times where the person riding my *** in the carpool lane was another solo driver in a Civic Hybrid. I tend to go about 68-69 and refuse to cross the double-yellows -- but I will exit when the opportunity comes up....

Don

Old 05-05-2006, 01:09 PM
enthusiast of some sort

Hello,

I'd just like to say that we are pretty fortunate to be able to get a Hybrid and use it in the carpool lane. Others are not so fortunate that they have to sit in traffic idling admiring the carpool lane or have to deal with a carpool passenger who's probably in a hurry. If you don't speed up kindly move over. We don't want to hear about single occupant Hybrid owner confronted, shot or beat up by SUV filled with carpoolers.

Fairways and greens....
Mike G.

I drive 65-70 and do not pay attention to my rear view mirror. I've noticed most SUV drivers will ride my butt. If they get too close, I let off the accelerator and they'll usually fly over the double double yellows and go around me. Jeorks. If I'm going 70 and I'm still too slow for you, too bad.

When I first got my HCH2 and put on my stickers, the first commute day was strange. A woman in an old beat up POS (piece of s---) rode my butt in the carpool lane. She was driving by herself -- obviously in a huge hurry.

She swerved out of the carpool as soon as traffic lightened in the regular lanes and double flipped me off. The members on this site said she was probably upset that I had dealer tags and carpool stickers on a gorgeous new HCH2. Must have really upset her.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

What is a recent carpool sticker number that was recently received?

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Got mine on 4/27 (a week and a day ago) and was # 57,131. Still had almost 18,000 to go!

Old 05-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

From the DMV handbook:

"The maximum speed limit on most California highways is 65 mph. You may drive 70 mph where posted. Unless otherwise posted, the maximum speed limit is 55 mph on two-lane undivided highways and for vehicles towing trailers."

I drive 65 on the freeways.. What's the problem with obeying traffic laws? If the freeways are moving, I stay out of the HOV lane to let fast moving HOV traffic go through.

Originally Posted by gearmike
If you're getting passed on the right, speed up or move to the right...

Last edited by chesleyn; 05-07-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

From the DMV handbook:

"The maximum speed limit on most California highways is 65 mph. You may drive 70 mph where posted. Unless otherwise posted, the maximum speed limit is 55 mph on two-lane undivided highways and for vehicles towing trailers."

I drive 65 on the freeways.. What's the problem with obeying traffic laws? If the freeways are moving, I stay out of the HOV lane to let fast moving HOV traffic go through.
Well, yes, you're right. Ideally everyone would obey the max speed. In my experience, though, there are a lot of people who exceed that speed. Would you consider driving ANY car in the fast lane if other lanes were free?

For me, I show some consideration (not that you don't) even if the other drivers are technically breaking the laws.

My humble opinion only...

Old 05-07-2006, 09:52 PM

I'd certainly prefer to go the limit or below... it's the jerks out there who ride your bumper and flash their headlights at you when you're doing 68 in the HOV lanes. I agree that folks should stay out of the left lanes if you're riding slower than other traffic, but not the HOV lane. That lane is for carpools and resultant low fuel usage per passenger (including driver-only hybrids!)... it's not an "ultra-fast" lane!

The big problem are the idiots out there who like to shoot people who get in their way (a rash of those seem to happen a couple of times every year).

Old 05-08-2006, 07:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Wake up it has nothing to do with being pretty fortunate .
We pay for that luxury, and pay dearly.
If we didn’t have that wave of increased population in this country we wouldn’t even think of such a silly thing as the car pool lanes.

I SUPPORT LEAGEL IMMIGRATION

Old 05-08-2006, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by grounded

I SUPPORT LEAGEL IMMIGRATION
Good for you. At least you should learn how to spell correctly.

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands