Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 02:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Bought a Honda Civic Hybrid on Jul/20; Picked up transponder on Jul/24th. Mailed in the application for HOV stickers on Jul/26th. Cheque got cashed on Aug/7th . Got the stickers on Aug/11th. Number was 70024.

I did use the electronic application for license plates. I noticed that I got the pink slip before Aug/7th and it had the license plates on it. Maybe, once the license plates are assigned, they will approve the HOV stickers.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Pimpin ain't easy!

Got my stickers on Monday 71,xxx.... 75,000 is coming up close! It's the feeling of "passing your driving test" when driving in the carpool lane!

Old 08-25-2006, 09:39 PM
Enthusiast

Gosh, I never thought about looking at the PinkSlip...LOL...I receive that before the plates came in...KnuckleHead Me!LOL

I guess I would've got the 'StickerEarlier...atleast I got them now, and now I can just laugh about it!

Maybe its now time to start write'n the Gov. Arnold about extending the Car Poole lane expiration date, now that he's up for re-election!

PPD

Old 08-26-2006, 06:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm with you Big Dave! There must be lobbying efforts going on by big car manufacturers relative to HOV lane access. I wish I knew where we stood. I'm an owner, and DEFINITELY one as long as HOV access continues!!

Old 08-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pingpongdave
Gosh, I never thought about looking at the PinkSlip...LOL...I receive that before the plates came in...KnuckleHead Me!LOL

I guess I would've got the 'StickerEarlier...atleast I got them now, and now I can just laugh about it!

Maybe its now time to start write'n the Gov. Arnold about extending the Car Poole lane expiration date, now that he's up for re-election!

PPD
Not a bad idea I think it would be nice to continue with the HOV stickers that are already existing.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

I received my license plate about 4 weeks ago, submitted my application and $8.00 check 1 week later, and still they have neither cashed the check or returned the application. Oh well, I didn't purchase the car expecting the sticker anyway. I had other reasons for buying it.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 08-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Enthusiast

Do you guys think that the price of the hybrids in California will decline after the HOV stickers are maxed? Today for the first time I saw ads in the paper (L.A. Times) for both Civic and Camry Hybrid stating that they have several for immediate delivery! Also, isn’t the tax credit limited to a certain numbers of each model sold? Perhaps that’s maxing out too?

Last edited by Cyrus; 08-26-2006 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cyrus
Do you guys think that the price of the hybrids in California will decline after the HOV stickers are maxed? Today for the first time I saw ads in the paper (L.A. Times) for both Civic and Camry Hybrid stating that they have several for immediate delivery! Also, isn’t the tax credit limited to a certain numbers of each model sold? Perhaps that’s maxing out too?
That's a good question. My opinion is that 'yes,' the values of new may decline just a bit so the dealers will have less impetus to gouge us. Owners who have hybrids, especially with stickers, might be in for a treat though!!!

Old 08-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

IMO as gas continues to creep up that will far outweigh stickers that will probably last just over a year now. So, they'll continue to be hot unless something better replaces them.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Enthusiast

I just got mine today. Sticker # 73145

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands