General EV Discussion Discuss electric only vehicles (Tesla, Volt etc.)

Chevrolet Volt concept... plug-in hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 02:58 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Chevrolet Volt concept... plug-in hybrid

after reading all this, I have to say.. honestly the volt does not sound like its all that good...

40 miles they say and ur battery is dead... thats not much..

personally I think that they have to get their crap together in the american auto industry, because, they can not plan past the end of their noses..

do you think for one minute that japan has forgotten the dropping of those two bombs... they have declared war on corperations of america. and car companies are one of the many ways they have done so.

sun tsu, sit at the rivers edge long enough, and you will see the body of your enemy float by..

point being is that big oil and car companies in america seem to be working hand in hand... and so do the politicians and wall street and so forth..

the fact is this war in iraq is about oil and money and power and money, and as many have posted in many posts and elsewhere on the net: owning an electric car in america will mean that oil in iraq would be useless.

The Volt concept is just that, another concept that will fall short.. .it all sounds great and yet like the ev1 it will be put by the way side..

the only way for things to change in america when it comes to cars is to show that you dont like 15-25 miles to the gallen. From the many members here on this forum it shows that you dont like the average american car.

I hate to say it but the big 3 are on their way out.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:55 AM
Proud to be GM

[quote=maxfiles;108351] after reading all this, I have to say.. honestly the volt does not sound like its all that good...

40 miles they say and ur battery is dead... thats not much..[quote]

The available material clearly states that it can run 40 miles on only the battery and that after the 40 miles, an ICE will start and run with the singular purpose of charging the batteries. The vehicle can continue operating while the ICE charges the batteries. In other words, the battery is not dead after 40 miles.

Originally Posted by maxfiles

point being is that big oil and car companies in america seem to be working hand in hand... and so do the politicians and wall street and so forth..
Any evidence of this being the case?

...the only way for things to change in america when it comes to cars is to show that you dont like 15-25 miles to the gallen. ...
Sad, but probably true

I hate to say it but the big 3 are on their way out.
It would be interesting to revisit this point in a year.

Peace,

Martin

Old 01-23-2007, 06:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by martinjlm
after the 40 miles, an ICE will start and run with the singular purpose of charging the batteries. The vehicle can continue operating while the ICE charges the batteries. In other words, the battery is not dead after 40 miles.

Peace,

Martin

Martin,

I feel bad that GM cancelled your program and that you are out on the street.

Dont worry bud. Keep your chin up. I am sure that the FCX gig might work out for you.

Love, Johnny

Last edited by Marmaduke; 01-23-2007 at 06:06 AM. Reason: I forgot to tell martin that I love him
Old 01-23-2007, 06:51 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjlm
I have reconsidered my opinion, and I now know that Johnny is right. I learned today that GM is scrapping the Volt in favor of a new H4 hummer. It is bigger than the original H1!.

I was so offended that I quit on the spot. I am interviewing tomorrow with Honda to be the Program manager for the FCX program.

Wish me luck

Peace,

Martin

Originally Posted by Marmaduke
Good luck Martin. I am pulling for you.
Johnny,

You loose all credibility with a baiting post like this. Your anamosity for GM is so thick, that you can not see past the end of your nose. Learn to forgive, or the **** and vineger in your veins will just come to rule your life.

Martin,

I think you for all the insite you are giving us. I wish GM would do more, but I can't wait to see what the Tahoe/Yukon give us come November. Like I have said, if they have great towing capability and get 25 MPG lightly loaded, i will be in line to get one.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Banned

OK folks. I must say this has been fun.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Oh yeah, Martin, you are a doo doo head.

but I still llove you and want to have your baby Call me sometime

Last edited by Marmaduke; 01-23-2007 at 11:14 AM. Reason: cause martin is a dick
Old 01-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Banned

Whats goin on in this thread?

Old 01-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Banned

hahaha

Last edited by Marmaduke; 01-23-2007 at 10:49 AM. Reason: f*ck martin
Old 01-23-2007, 10:49 AM
occ
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CaptainPicard
Whats goin on in this thread?

I'm lost too!

Martin, are your last posts for real? About the Volt & H4?? Yet, your last post still defends the Volt.!?! If the news is real, I would like to see it in the press...

Marmaduke, please stop your condescension...

Old 01-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Banned

So I wonder if I will just get another infraction, or if I will be banned.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by occ
I'm lost too!

Martin, are your last posts for real? About the Volt & H4?? Yet, your last post still defends the Volt.!?! If the news is real, I would like to see it in the press...

Marmaduke, please stop your condescension...
ahahahahaha

Last edited by Marmaduke; 01-23-2007 at 10:59 AM. Reason: martin is a dick

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Volt concept... plug-in hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands