General EV Discussion Discuss electric only vehicles (Tesla, Volt etc.)

Chevrolet Volt concept... plug-in hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Hybrid True Believer
Default Re: Chevrolet Volt concept... plug-in hybrid

I'm pretty sure Martin isn't quitting GM, but I can certainly understand him getting a bit snarky from the abuse he takes at GH (and I dish it out too, sometimes -- and I apologize for this right now.)

FYI: There really *is* going to be a Hummer H4, but, from what I've read, it's going to be a small-to-midsize truck in the mid-$20k range. I am glad to see the Hummer "look" scaled into an appropriately-sized vehicle and I applaud GM for making each iteration of the Hummer more compact and more fuel efficient while still retaining the "look". If the H4 can get low or mid 20s for FE, I'll probably stop griping about it.

I am greatful for Martin's input at GH.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:57 AM
occ
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marmaduke
ahahahahaha
Ok I get it....you have no more credibility.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AshenGrey
I'm pretty sure Martin isn't quitting GM, but I can certainly understand him getting a bit snarky from the abuse he takes at GH (and I dish it out too, sometimes -- and I apologize for this right now.)

FYI: There really *is* going to be a Hummer H4, but, from what I've read, it's going to be a small-to-midsize truck in the mid-$20k range. I am glad to see the Hummer "look" scaled into an appropriately-sized vehicle and I applaud GM for making each iteration of the Hummer more compact and more fuel efficient while still retaining the "look". If the H4 can get low or mid 20s for FE, I'll probably stop griping about it.

I am greatful for Martin's input at GH.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Stop it, please, you guys are killing me, my sides are hurting.

ROTFLMAO

Last edited by Marmaduke; 01-23-2007 at 11:08 AM. Reason: you are all dum dums
Old 01-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Enthusiast

1. it still requires a gas engine to charge.

2. the evidence is in front of you... look at the inconvenient truth, and look at who stole the electric car, and then look at the smog alerts all over north america, and also look at how many times electric cars are dangled and taken away..

furthermore, why are we in iraq... it sure the hell is not to help those people, and iraq war 1 was not about anything other then oil. saddam entered kuiwait to go after the oil, the USA attacked saddam over the his invason in regards to the oil.

GM sells among the best battery tech to an oil company..

both companies have the same money companies as BIG investors.. and the major players in the banking business are the same that own both GM and oil companies.

the whitehouse joins the legal challenge against california against the Zero emission laws?? who put bush and cheney into the whitehouse... the oil and banking industry.. the same people that own shares in gm.

the old saying follow the money...

in this case I have followed the money and found, its the people with the money that would lose lots of money from an electric car...

the big three are not the best choice to buy a car from anymore..

another thing is that you have a hydrogen powered car concept... and you want to put that power in the hands of the consumer... they just used nuke in the tv show 24... yes its only tv...but how hard would it be to take that hydrogen from a car and use it as a source for a nuke or explosion... and they want people to drive these... its kinda funny...

3. I think that the only way to many the gas and environmental problems is to go electric and not buy from the main companies, but support the underdog.

Max

ps is there any proof that martin works for gm, an email address or phone number?

Old 01-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Banned

wow! this volt thing would be great!

Old 01-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

Max,

Excellent summary! Have you ever traced the Argentina/Britian/Afghanistan/Iraq angle? How a subcommittee was recommending an dual invasion (to circumvent the oil politics) 18 MONTHS before 9/11?

Old 01-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kraken
Max,

Excellent summary! Have you ever traced the Argentina/Britian/Afghanistan/Iraq angle? How a subcommittee was recommending an dual invasion (to circumvent the oil politics) 18 MONTHS before 9/11?
actually I checked out who and what the federal reserve is about and it led to more investigating and the same big companies names keep coming up...

that angle I never looked at, but remember bush wants to drill in a wild life reserve in alaska because there is BIG BIG MONEY there for his friends.. who cares about the animals its about the money.. who cares if there is another oil spill its about the money...

Exxon has gone to court to have their exxon valdez fines reduced to next to NOTHING!!! because the gov't changes hands so much..

did you know that the people on the board of the federal reserve have their length of time in office as 14 years, over 3 president's terms... interesting eh..

point being is the volt is going to make a big zap on the market and fade away... hell GM has been working its *** off to make sure no one EVER KNEW about the EV1... I just found out because I am in canada, and it would be great for those inner city drives.. only having to charge it every other day would be great..

honestly... and now gas is going down below 2 bucks a gallen... its a ploy to make you say why should I EVER get an electric car... at gas less then 2 bucks a gallen, what would make me buy something like that...

here is the thing... I have already on paper since hearing about the ev1 designed on paper a self sustaining electric car without the need for pluging in and gas and self charging based on many ideas out there and a few more..

The connections between these people with money is sometimes hard to track.. except the news is also their own worse enemy at times..

Max

Old 01-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Will a mod please lock this thread?

Old 01-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tim
Will a mod please lock this thread?
But why?

Last edited by Marmaduke; 01-23-2007 at 01:22 PM. Reason: because martin is gay?
Old 01-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned

why? this is very good reading

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Volt concept... plug-in hybrid

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands