Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

I took my 2006 FEH in today for service....No more squeak!!! The wording from the customer invoice for the repair is as follows:

"Verify noise, ness(?) to access both rear 1/4 trim panels to trace noise. Ness(?) to REPOSITION BOTH REAR UPPER SHOCK RODS DUE TO RUBBING ON BODY, reposition and retest, road test, OK."

Hopefully this will help others out there with this problem.

Escapee

Old 08-21-2006, 09:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Escapee
I took my 2006 FEH in today for service....No more squeak!!! The wording from the customer invoice for the repair is as follows:

"Verify noise, ness(?) to access both rear 1/4 trim panels to trace noise. Ness(?) to REPOSITION BOTH REAR UPPER SHOCK RODS DUE TO RUBBING ON BODY, reposition and retest, road test, OK."

Hopefully this will help others out there with this problem.

Escapee
Thats what they did to mine.... tragically a week later it starting to squeak again some.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:39 AM
Enthusiast

Good for you, Escapee! Can you post back in a few weeks and let us know whether the squeak is gone for good?

Thanks.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Megageek

That's 2 people that had the issue resolved in the same manner. That's a good start. I just don't understand why mine steadily got worse over several weeks and then suddenly, the day before it was to go into the shop, it stopped completely?

Old 08-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well, my squeak is back with in full force. I'll have to get back to the dealer again to have the rear shocks "repositioned".

This seems like such an easy and straightforward problem. If they can't solve this with all the cars being brought in and the complaint calls, there's no hope for the really high tech stuff.

Old 08-27-2006, 06:25 PM

Mine went back for its second shock repositioning and this time they replaced the bushing for the shock as well. I hope this time it gets rid of the noise for more than one week...

Old 08-28-2006, 04:20 AM
Enthusiast

After just one week, my squeak is back...louder than ever.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:52 AM

When you go back... try not to blame the dealer. They are trying to make a "fix" for something that is frankly engineered wrong on the car and are doing their best. Until Ford offers some sort of part to correct what is occuring they are going to have problems fixing it for real.

My mechanic said this is a fairly common problem on all the Escapes, it seems to show up earlier in the Hybrids due to the increased weight.

Basically... I'm not saying we shouldn't vent. Just that we should target our venting at Ford itself.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:31 AM

Good advice. Keeping the service people on your side is always a good idea.

I would always mention, in any complaint, just how pleased you are with your dealership and how hard they all worked trying to resolve this problem.

I would also refrain from bringing others (like us) into this. You want your car fixed, not 1,000's of others on the internet. In other words, you don't want to come off sounding like you are attempting to "gang up" on them.

The next step, is to ask to speak, personally, with your dealer's regional factory rep.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:25 AM

I dropped my Mariner off this morning for "the squeeks". I hope they find them.

Quick Reply: Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands