Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 05:35 PM
It is easy being green
Default Re: Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

Mine started squeaking about a month ago and it is getting really bad fast. i have told my bf, made him drive with the radio off and all the windows down, but only last week did he finally hear it. said that we should get that in cuz it must be "driving me crazy". he said that they were on back order and he has two other hybrid in front of mine that need the new shocks.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:21 AM
Early Adopter

Hmm. Mine gets a creaking noise from the rear when getting in and out, but nothing as bad as described here. I do get the parking brake scraping noise from time to time, however. FWIW the parking brakes are of the "drum in hat" design so if they do drag they will only wear themselves and the small drum surface out, not the rotor surface used by the service brake.

Also, it is worth noting that in the FEH the rear brakes actually see MORE use than the fronts. Regeneration only happens in the front, so there are situations where the computer will use regen in the front and friction in the rear. Fortunately with the stock wheels it's easy to monitor brake pad wear.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:21 AM
Enthusiast

well, the parking brake trick worked on my squeek

we will have to see if it stays fixed

nancy

Old 08-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Enthusiast

I just took my 06 FEH in and described the squeaking noise problem (mine is suspension related). The service advisor got back to me this afternoon saying Ford had a service bulletin out about this problem but have no solution as of yet. Suggested I wait till they have a way of fixing it and take it back again. Anyone know anything about this TSB?

Old 08-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

Interesting Chuck. Thanks for the heads up. I noticed mine squeaking the other day as well. Mainly when I back up my driveway into the garage. I was going to make an appointment to take it in but wait until I hear if anyone has more info on this topic.

Old 08-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Megageek

I called Ford Customer Service earlier this week and complained about the noise and was told then there was no TSB. Maybe my call and a few others prompted them to officially look into it?

Ironically, the day before I was supposed to have it looked at, it stopped making the noise all together.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:42 AM
Enthusiast

Scott, it's entirely possible that my service advisor could have been misinformed or just straight lying about the TSB (I didn't get a good vibe from him and the person normally handles FEH was out).

On the other hand, I also called Ford Customer Service (800-392-3673) and spoke out about this issue, and the rep told me that TSB is a "dealer resource" and they have no access to it at the call center (sounds fishy). She did verify me that there was no recall on the issue and my concern is logged and would be passed onto the engineering department.

My feeling is that if enough of us call them, they are bound to do something about it!

Old 08-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

I seemed to have developed the suspension related squeak in my '05. I tried the parking break fix with no luck. Has anyone been able to determine the source part(s) of the suspension that cause it?

Old 08-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hawflake
On the other hand, I also called Ford Customer Service (800-392-3673) and spoke out about this issue, and the rep told me that TSB is a "dealer resource" and they have no access to it at the call center (sounds fishy). She did verify me that there was no recall on the issue and my concern is logged and would be passed onto the engineering department.
One has to remember that TSB's are just helpful service tips from the factory, to the dealer's service people. They are not hidden warranties or recalls. Any repairs mentioned in TSB's are covered only if the vehicles has an existing, valid, warranty still in effect.

TSB's can be found either at Alldata or at NHSTA.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hawflake
Anyone know anything about this TSB?
Here is the only TSB that I could find which might be even close...

Make : FORD Model : ESCAPE HYBRID Year : 2005
Manufacturer : FORD MOTOR COMPANY
Service Bulletin Num : 05925 Date of Bulletin: JAN 01, 2005
NHTSA Item Number: 10016797
Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FOUNDATION COMPONENTSISC
Summary:
REAR DISC BRAKE GRIND, RUBBING OR THUMP NOISE. *SC

Quick Reply: Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands