Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

They couldn't locate the brake noise and claimed it is likely the ceramic/metallic brake pads and the metal rotors. I asked them to take a look at the e-brake to make sure that isn't related. As for the rear end squeek, he said there is a TSB and they talked to Ford's service line and were advised that "they are aware of the issue and recommended that we adjust the shock mounts". They said hopefully that will alleviate the squeek but that is all they can do at this time.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've noticed the squake happens signifigantly more often when I have back seat passengers.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Enthusiast

I got my 2007 Escape Hybrid last Thursday, and it creaks on the left side. Not the brake squeak, but an occasional creaking related to road bumps, turning, and accelerating from a standstill. I haven't had time to take it in yet. But it sounds like the shock-repositioning thing.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by martinp13
I got my 2007 Escape Hybrid last Thursday, and it creaks on the left side. Not the brake squeak, but an occasional creaking related to road bumps, turning, and accelerating from a standstill. I haven't had time to take it in yet. But it sounds like the shock-repositioning thing.
I've had the shock squeak twice... once after about 3,000 miles. The dealer repositioned the shock and it went away only to come back a week later. I took it back. They repositioned it again and replaced the shock bushing (I think thats what the bill said). That was over a month ago, and its still holding at this point.

This particlular noise is going over bumps and stuff and its a softer squeaking, like birds or something in the back, very annoying.

There is also a loud SQUAWK when you exit the vehicle if your parking brake is on. That seems to be parking brake adjustment related (and even with it adjusted its still not completely gone... just better).

Old 09-21-2006, 07:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

Is there any way the lemon law could apply to this?

Old 09-21-2006, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by sirfergy
Is there any way the lemon law could apply to this?
You have to give the dealer the opportunity to fix the vehicle AND the vehicle has to be out of service a significant amount of time.... I doubt you can get a lemon law for a noise anyway. Besides I think thats a bit of an overreaction, they seem to have fixed mine on the second attept.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:26 AM

Last I heard they were still working on a permanent solution:
19277: SOME 2006-2007 ESCAPE AND MARINER HYBRID VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT A SQUEAK/CREAKING SOUND FROM THE REAR COMPARTMENT OR UPPER REAR SHOCK BUSHING AREA. NOISE IS MOSTLY HEARD DURING LOW SPEED PARKING LOT MANEUVERS WHILE IN ELECTRIC MODE, BUT CAN BE FOUND IN OTHER OPERATING CONDITIONS. THIS MAY BE DUE TO CONTACT BETWEEN THE UPPER SHOCK ROD AND THE BODY, AND IS NOT LIKELY TO BE THE SHOCK ABSORBER ITSELF. VERIFY NOISE IS PRESENT AND THEN REPOSITION THE UPPER SHOCK ROD IN THE CENTER OF THE BODY HOLE. IF IT CONFIRMED THE NOISE IS COMING FROM THE UPPER REARSHOCK ROD AND BUSHING BEING OUT OF POSITION, DO NOT REPLACE THE SHOCKS. ENGINEERING IS AWARE OF THIS CONCERN AND IS CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've got the squeak I think everyone talks about, sounds like a suspension issue since it's more pronounced when I have people in the back seat.

Today I got a new sound, kind of like my rear brakes were going bad, but I only heard it when turning left. Is this the "brake squeak" issue? It sounded like metal on metal, in a what I can only describe as a circular motion.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:12 AM

I just had my MMH in for another reason yesterday and asked about the squeek. According to Ford there is still no fix for the suspension squeek but they are working on it. For the record, my squeek is now worse after they adjusted the mount as recommended by Ford as a temporary 'fix'.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Enthusiast

When you say "suspension squeak", do you mean something that sounds like pops and creaks when you corner/brake/accelerate/hit bumps? I don't see how mine could be much worse.

Quick Reply: Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands