Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

Finally took my car to the dealer to have the squeak in the rear end investigated. They kept the car for the day (also did an oil change), took it out for a test ride with the tech and found that the driver side rear shock absorber was rubbing on the under body. They replaced the shock, repositioned the top mount (probably pushed it over as far as slotted holes allowed), now the annoying squeak is gone.

My dealer is pretty good - I only hope it stays gone.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:10 AM
It is easy being green

wow, john, i was just about to post that my boyfriend got an FEH in and fig out what the squeaking was. and it is exactly what you said. what a coincidence. while ford doesnt have an "official" fix yet, he did something that seems to have worked.
i am curious as to the people with the squeaks, do you have a 2 or 4 wd?

Old 06-24-2006, 07:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have the 2WD, and my squeak is only when the vehicle is stationary and the vehicle's leaned against or climbed out of (especially from the back seat).

Old 06-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KermitCar
wow, john, i was just about to post that my boyfriend got an FEH in and fig out what the squeaking was. and it is exactly what you said. what a coincidence. while ford doesnt have an "official" fix yet, he did something that seems to have worked.
i am curious as to the people with the squeaks, do you have a 2 or 4 wd?
Mines a 4WD but it GeekGal describes the effect well....

Old 07-31-2006, 10:04 AM
Megageek

I also have the squeak, but mine only happens while driving and is not rhythmic so it's not the brakes. It is much more pronounced when I turn right at higher speeds so that is consistent with the suspension issue. I guess I need to schedule a trip to the dealer. BTW, mine is a 4WD.

Old 08-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Enthusiast

I also experienced a wierd sound this morning. Our 07 only has about 250 miles on it. It was misty rainy here in So Cal this morning and when I backed out of the driveway I hear this awful kinda groaning moaning sound. I did pull the parking brake and release it to make sure it was not on. Also when I turned the wheels it made it. It stopped as soon as I started driving and only did it a little when I made a turn and by the time I got to work (4miles) it had stopped. Sun was out when I got off work and didn't notice it.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

I haven't had any 'squeaking' problem in my FEH '07. Granted, I've only had it a couple of weeks, but have put about 800 miles on it (live in MidAmerica where all the major places are >100mi.)

Is this a time thing, or a distance thing?

Old 08-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Enthusiast

i have an '06 mariner - and mine just started squeeking - but only in reverse...

gonna try the parking brake recommendation - hope it works...

nancy

Old 08-14-2006, 07:43 AM
Megageek

Mine has gotten progressively worse over the past couple of weeks. Mine is definitely suspension related. I have an appointment with the dealership on Thursday. We'll see if they get it resolved.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Megageek

I called and documented my issue with Ford via their Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673. If enough of us do this, maybe they will actually look seriously at this issue and come up with a permanent fix.

Quick Reply: Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands