Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Megageek
Default Re: Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

I also got the fix done this week and it's good so far. Of course it had stopped squeaking 2 days before I took it in (again).

Old 12-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yep, I just got the paperwork today and they replaced the bushing with the new one. So far on squeaks.

Of course, the dealer is incompetent and they always break something whenever I bring the car in.

Old 12-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I had this done 3 weeks ago. Squeaks are back, not as bad or frequent.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by sirfergy

Of course, the dealer is incompetent and they always break something whenever I bring the car in.
Still no squeeks here. Though my dealer also broke something. They snapped the clips that hold in the plastic trim panel along the back of the cargo area. They had to order me a new one. They also ordered the wrong kind of tire and are working on that as well.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:11 AM
Enthusiast

I finally got the squeak fixed yesterday. As with everyone else, so far so good, but I noticed they also tightened up my suspension for some reason, I felt every little bump on the road on the way home as if they were big pot-holes. Maybe it's just me and will go away after a while. Still, keeping my fingers crossed the "squeak" won't be back again, I really don't know what I might do if it does, short of selling the car.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:21 AM

I got a new "squeak" shortly after getting the "fix". It was different and only coming from the passenger side rear wheel well. Sounds like rubber on metal. I think they may have tightened the new bushing a little too much. I haven't had a chance to get it looked at yet but its not as bad as the other noise was.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Same here. It's much better sounding than the squeak.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Enthusiast

Man, this must be a common problem with the 06 FEH. We just bought ours on Dec. 31/06. I noticed a squeak from the same rear area about 2 weeks ago in my doctors parking lot. We just came home from a 200km trip and when we got into town we really noticed the squeaking. We rolled down the windows and it definitely sounded like it was coming from the passenger side rear of the vehicle.

Thanks for all the info about the tsb. I have a printed version in hand to take down to the service department at the Ford dealer.

FOI - The link now only sends you to the main page of alldata.com and I could not locate tsb 620121 on the site - you may now have to pay for this service. I located a printable version of the tsb by doing a google search with tsb number 620121 and "ford escape". Scroll down to http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Ford/1160...12/620121.html on the google page and just click the "cashe" link. This will bring up the printable version of the tsb...hope that makes sense.

Thanks again...and wish me luck.
Mark

Old 01-31-2007, 05:51 PM
Enthusiast

Sorry,

just a correction in my last post. If the link doesn't take you to the tsb bulletin at alldata.com the alternative way to get the bulletin is to do a Google search using just "tsb 62012" - do not include "Ford Escape" in the search. Scroll down to the alldata link and then just click "cashe".

Mark

Old 02-14-2007, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tim K
Service writer called me today. The bushings are on backorder 1-2 weeks. He'll call me when they are in.
Since it seems I have finally developed the dreaded rear end squeak, I was wondering -- did you ever get the new bushings, did they install them, and if so did that resolve your rear end squeak? Mine is exactly as you've described yours in this thread.

My '06 FEH FWD rear end squeak has been getting progressively worse, and this thread hadn't occurred to me until I'd exhausted myself trying to resolve the squeak as if it were produced inside the vehicle. No dice, of course. One good result? I found a loose trim panel that the dealership hadn't quite snapped back into place after pulling my headliner at my last service appt., which required a removal and reinstall of my sunroof due to a leak and noise. 'Course that didn't resolve the rear end squeak, but I'm glad I caught that as it probably would've warped or developed a rattle over time, too.

Quick Reply: Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands