How long til I get mine?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How long til I get mine?

I waited 5 months and am glad I did. Without 0 effort I am getting over 30 mpg with a vehicle that has 1600 miles on it with weather in the 30's.

I put my vehcile in a 55-60 degree garage at night, and put a K&N filter in it.

Except for the really terrible continental tires the vehicle handles great. Trade them in immediately.

Actually make the dealership make that part of the deal....

Also dont pay over invoice, you wont save enough on fuel cost to justify it.

If you have more then 2-3 deductions you will also likely lose a partion of the 3k tax credit.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Enthusiast

Sure glad I ordered mine when I did earlier this year:

Ordered 5/21
Took Delivery 6/29

I have been told that it takes a bit less time to get a MMH than an FEH. Apparently the way the mix is split at the assembly plant it slightly favors the MMH.

Nick -

I believe that you will think that the wait was worth it when you finally take delivery. I just love mine. It's a FWD like yours and I've averaged 32.3 MPG for the 1st 13 tanks (about 5,500 miles). Now that I'm over 5,000 miles and the weather is cooler the MPG is really climbing - 35.0 MPG on the last tank and I believe I'll surpass 36 MPG on the tank I'm working on now! This vehicle really excels in around town driving when you can run in EV mode. I rarely exceed 55 MPH. On the hwy exceeding 65 MPH will really start to cut into your fuel economy. At 70 MPH you will barely get 30 MPG (just like the EPA estimate says).

My MMH is really quiet and rides quite well too - and I love the utility of an SUV. My previous 2 vehicles were sedans and the MMH is so much more flexible for seating and hauling stuff.

Doug

Old 11-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Doug121041
Sure glad I ordered mine when I did earlier this year:

Ordered 5/21
Took Delivery 6/29

I have been told that it takes a bit less time to get a MMH than an FEH. Apparently the way the mix is split at the assembly plant it slightly favors the MMH.

Nick -

I believe that you will think that the wait was worth it when you finally take delivery. I just love mine. It's a FWD like yours and I've averaged 32.3 MPG for the 1st 13 tanks (about 5,500 miles). Now that I'm over 5,000 miles and the weather is cooler the MPG is really climbing - 35.0 MPG on the last tank and I believe I'll surpass 36 MPG on the tank I'm working on now! This vehicle really excels in around town driving when you can run in EV mode. I rarely exceed 55 miles per hour. On the hwy exceeding 65 MPH will really start to cut into your fuel economy. At 70 MPH you will barely get 30 MPG (just like the EPA estimate says).

My MMH is really quiet and rides quite well too - and I love the utility of an SUV. My previous 2 vehicles were sedans and the MMH is so much more flexible for seating and hauling stuff.

Doug
Thanks Doug! So the mpg's are getting better in the cooler weather?
My Tribeca is getting 17mpg. I am so psyched about the thought of doubling my mpg's. I'm thinking about getting a K&N filter too. I put one in my Tribeca, but haven't seen an improvement in mpg's yet.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Enthusiast

Nick -

The mileage getting better in cooler weather is primarily a result of not having to run the A/C anymore - although I really never felt that using the A/C created a very big "hit" to the fuel economy. A more important contributor to my recent improvement in fuel economy is that fact that the engine is now pretty much broken in (5,000 miles on the odometer seems to be the magic number). Of course as we get into the winter months the fuel economy will take a hit as it will take the ICE longer to warm up (and stay warm) which will mean less time running in EV mode.

Doug

Old 11-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Doug121041
Nick -

The mileage getting better in cooler weather is primarily a result of not having to run the A/C anymore - although I really never felt that using the A/C created a very big "hit" to the fuel economy. A more important contributor to my recent improvement in fuel economy is that fact that the engine is now pretty much broken in (5,000 miles on the odometer seems to be the magic number). Of course as we get into the winter months the fuel economy will take a hit as it will take the ICE longer to warm up (and stay warm) which will mean less time running in EV mode.

Doug
Oh yea, the dreaded a/c.