Someone say it isn't so!

My figment got 37.7 on the last tank!

Old 11-22-2007, 06:01 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How long til I get mine?

Originally Posted by cshupp
My figment got 37.7 on the last tank!
EXCELLENT! Is your figment a fwd?
Any problems with it (that you can see?) so far?

Old 11-22-2007, 06:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nicst47
EXCELLENT! Is your figment a fwd?
Any problems with it (that you can see?) so far?
Yes on the FWD. No issues so far but one. I am having some trim that seals the door replaced as some of the wire inside protrudes out of the bottom of the car. This sharp edge could cut my two year old when he climbs in....

Old 11-22-2007, 07:05 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cshupp
You will never get the car. These cars are completely mythical. A figment of your imagination... If you don't believe me just ask anyone that waited for one!
Is this your way of confessing that you really don't have a 2008 FEH ???

Old 11-22-2007, 09:55 AM
Enthusiast

I wasn't even out of the woods when my dealership finally received my FEH. I picked it up after dark, so I wasn't able to do an exterior inspection. After I inspected in the garage, I noticed several deep paint gouges. 2 on the doors, and a long one on the liftgate that also went through the chrome. There were also clearcoat scratches on the hood from what looked like someone dragging a metal object across the paint.

I emailed pictures to the dealer that night and they couldn't believe it! I'm not placing blame, and it could have happened anytime from the factory, railcar to railyard - delivery trailer, but the dealer prepped it for 2 days, and they didn't noticed these massive paint defects? hmmmm....

Anyway, I've had it in twice so far, and their body guy did a good job touching up the paint scratches - a really, really good job in fact. I told them I was going to insist on a new paint job if it didn't turn out great. They've ordered a new chrome rear piece and I'll need to take it in again to replace that.

Moral of the story - make sure you do a walk around with your dealer during the day.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Enthusiast

I was fortunate, I custom-ordered an ice blue FWD FEH in mid-June and it arrived second week in August. I am in New Jersey. I do not know why I received mine relatively quick, but I love it!

Good luck

Old 11-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

I found the exact FEH I wanted - color and all the features - right on the lot (I viewed that as a sign). It was uncanny to have everything I wanted too.

I have the i4WD version. I've only had it for 2 weeks, but love it!

I slighly miss driving a manual (owned manual cars for over 20 years), but there are so many gadgets inside (and trying to play games to get the best mileage possible) that I don't miss driving a clutch as much as I thought I would.

Anyway, if 16 weeks or whatever seems ridiculous, look around all the Ford dealers within a few hundred miles. They may have your SUV already or something very close. While adding a moonroof post-production is tough, adding running boards is not. So I recommend hunting online more.

Good luck!

Old 11-23-2007, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by doctoru2
I found the exact FEH I wanted - color and all the features - right on the lot (I viewed that as a sign). It was uncanny to have everything I wanted too.

I have the i4WD version. I've only had it for 2 weeks, but love it!

I slighly miss driving a manual (owned manual cars for over 20 years), but there are so many gadgets inside (and trying to play games to get the best mileage possible) that I don't miss driving a clutch as much as I thought I would.

Anyway, if 16 weeks or whatever seems ridiculous, look around all the Ford dealers within a few hundred miles. They may have your SUV already or something very close. While adding a moonroof post-production is tough, adding running boards is not. So I recommend hunting online more.

Good luck!
Thanks, but the dealer checked the entire Northeast and East coast. The 3 that he found, the dealers wouldn't part with them. He told me that one of the 3 wanted $1000 over sticker price.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nicst47
Thanks, but the dealer checked the entire Northeast and East coast. The 3 that he found, the dealers wouldn't part with them. He told me that one of the 3 wanted $1000 over sticker price.
I used to live in New England (until early '06) and am actually hoping to return. I currently reside in CA and I guess there are simply more FEH's, and hybrids in general, out here. I was able to get them to pay more for my prior vehicle than what I owed and they knocked off quite a bit on the price (below the MSRP). I guess out east, the hybrid is just starting to catch on, so it's more in demand. Sorry to hear that. But at least living in CA has given me one thing.

It may take a while before you get your vehicle, but I have a feeling that once it arrives, you'll feel the wait was worthwhile.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by doctoru2
I used to live in New England (until early '06) and am actually hoping to return. I currently reside in CA and I guess there are simply more FEH's, and hybrids in general, out here. I was able to get them to pay more for my prior vehicle than what I owed and they knocked off quite a bit on the price (below the MSRP). I guess out east, the hybrid is just starting to catch on, so it's more in demand. Sorry to hear that. But at least living in CA has given me one thing.

It may take a while before you get your vehicle, but I have a feeling that once it arrives, you'll feel the wait was worthwhile.
Thanks, I'm sure that you are right. It will be well worth the wait.

Quick Reply: How long til I get mine?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands