Non Nav TCH - what display do you use the most?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 06:54 PM
tjq
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Non Nav TCH - what display do you use the most?

No, you are not missing my question. You did anwer my last question, which was:

"Trip B then will automatically start from scratch after fillup"?

To me it means, there is no way to restart the avg mpg, on A or B trip meter,except when refilling the tank. Was wanting to keep track of avg. mpg on different trips within the same (first dealer supplied) tankfull.

Have about 450 miles on it now. AVG mpg is a tad over 36 on the MFD, not calculated on the home calcuator. Satisfied considering terrain is widely varied. Stop and go city driving, hills up to a mile with grade avg up to 8%, lots of rollers, some suburb, some rural driving. One highway trip of 80 miles. Far from an expeirienced tch user. Been using CC, like always been used for the last 20 years. Could go on for a few more paragraphs but will end now before boring you into a coma.

Thank you. Have not made time to read past page 40 in the manual.

Tom.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tjq

Is there a way to set trip A as well as B to give mpg average? Or is trip A not for mpg? Trip B then will automatically start from scratch after fillup?
One thing to start looking at as you get nearer to for 5,000 mile maintenance -- start using TRIP B for your tank fill-ups. To reset to Maintenance Reminder indicator/sensor, the trip reset pushbutton for TRIP A is held for a few seconds, resetting the TRIP A distance to zero.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Enthusiast

I like the Temperature display or the ICE/Battery Display while I watch the MPG on the graphical (Nav Display). I don't use Nav as often as I thought I would.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:25 PM
tjq
Active Enthusiast

Thanks. Already experimented with trip A odo. Just wanted to see if there was a means to change Trip A or B, to check AVG mpg on different trips within my first tankfull. Most trips in 6 days of driving are from 3 to 6 miles. Some 10 to 20 milers. One 80 mile round trip on highways. Car used by wife and myself. Overall since picking up, very satified with tch.

tjq

Old 05-14-2007, 03:24 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by tjq
Thanks. Already experimented with trip A odo. Just wanted to see if there was a means to change Trip A or B, to check AVG mpg on different trips within my first tankfull. Most trips in 6 days of driving are from 3 to 6 miles. Some 10 to 20 milers. One 80 mile round trip on highways. Car used by wife and myself. Overall since picking up, very satified with tch.

tjq
I am not aware of a way to get Trip A or B to reset automatically under any circumstances nor display anything but miles since last reset. Not to say it can't be done, I just never heard of it being done.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:37 AM
tjq
Active Enthusiast

Agree with Schmidt. Am still on first tankfull. Think but not positive that upon my first fueling at the pumps. The mfd mpg display will automatically start computing avg mpg over again. There is no way to start a mpg average on different trips made within a tankfull.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Enthusiast

I put it on outside temp so I don't wreck the car staring at it.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:58 AM
tjq
Active Enthusiast

Look at mfd like you would the rear or side view mirrors. . When you look at mfd it is only for a second or less, then eyes should be back on the road, and in the mirrors. Think how many of us change the radio station. Takes 2 seconds? Defensive driving every minute behind the wheel. Be prepared all the time.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Enthusiast

I have a question on Trip Mileage in L/100 KMS for Canadian TCH. This is a graphical display not in actual numerical digits.

What is the lowest L/100 KMS for each trip you have ever seen for any trip when you turn the power off? (quick graphical display at the end of trip).

I have never seen below 5.8 or may be 5.6 L/100 kms. In some trip, I think I am really driving most efficiently with lots of distance in pure EV mode (in city). In those trips, I always hope for less than 5.6 L/100 KMS but I have never seen.

Has anyone in Canada ever seen lower than 5.6L/100 KMS?

Thanks

Old 05-15-2007, 02:35 AM
tjq
Active Enthusiast

Still the novice tch owner. Been to a car wash, idling for 20 minutes in electric the whole time. No gas used at all. Would have burned maybe a quart of gas in old car? Amazing. Same at a drive through Mickey D's. After starting in driveway with engine still warmed up. (car just used by wife) Drive down street in electric, gas and hyb to get up an incline, then a left down a hill no ICE for a half mile. Any short trip longer then 3 miles get the EXCELLENT when shutting down. Feel like I got a D- on shorter trips when not showing anything at shut off.

Going to fuel up today. This will be first fill up since dealer supplied full tank. Like the mfd display showing the use of ICE or hyb and combo of both, better yet no ICE use. Sometimes changing to mpg avg display. Go for the temp read out mfd after starting trip briefly, then on to favorite display.

Again,amazing car. Happy satisfied user here.

Drive defensively all the time. "Lets be careful out there".

tjq