Non Nav TCH - what display do you use the most?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Non Nav TCH - what display do you use the most?

Almost always on the energy display.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
I usually leave mine on outside temp, but I do flip over to tank avg to see how I'm doing.

One thing really bothers me about this display. I wish the odometer showed me total mileage and one of the trip mileages simultaneously. I need to record the total mileage numbers for work, but at the same time I keep track of total mileage for purposes of gas consumption. So I am constantly flipping the toggle between Total and TripA. I know there is one screen where I can have the Trip odometer on the top and the total on the bottom, but as soon as I switch the Disp, I lose that screen setup. Grrrrr....
You can view a trip meter AND Odometer at the same time. When it's on odo (large or small, I forget which one), hit the trip reset **** to bring up trip A (B) and then when the ODO screen shows it will also show the trip meter.

Old 08-30-2006, 07:37 AM

I watch the ECO level. I try to maintain the best level on each trip and see what I am doing and that helps bring my average up. I do wish that the ECO level would go above 40. Why 40 Toyota????

Old 08-30-2006, 09:44 AM

The "funny" thing about 40 is that it is the final city MPG EPA estimate. Several months before release, that figure was supposed to be 43. If that 43 had held, would they have still used a max of 40 on the gauge? It seems to me that putting 45 on the scale would have made more sense. And anything 40-45 would then be labelled "Most Excellent" (think Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure).

(Yes, the last sentence was tongue-in-cheek.)

Old 08-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

"If that 43 had held, would they have still used a max of 40 on the gauge?"

I seriously doubt that they would have had time (or taken the time) to change the guage in production before the car was released.

I also agree, however, that the guage would be nice it went higher that 40-42.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lem144
You can view a trip meter AND Odometer at the same time. When it's on odo (large or small, I forget which one), hit the trip reset **** to bring up trip A (B) and then when the ODO screen shows it will also show the trip meter.
Yes, I know you can do this. So go ahead and put your TripA on top and your total ODO on the bottom. Now hit DISP and change to a different display. What shows on the bottom? Trip A, instead of total ODO. I want to be able to see total ODO all the time, since I look at that all the time versus the trip meter which I only look at when my fuel tank gets close to empty, so I change it back. Now when I go back to the dual "odometer" screen, the TripA is missing again, and I have to hit the reset ****. PITA. This is the only car I've had which doesn't show Trip and ODO simultaneously all the time. But this is a small annoyance.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:12 PM
tjq
Active Enthusiast

Maybe someone can explain questiond from a new tch owner. (sixth day since picking up from dealer) Have been reading the manual when there is time and am on page 40 now.

Is there a way to set trip A as well as B to give mpg average? Or is trip A not for mpg? Trip B then will automatically start from scratch after fillup?

Old 05-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Enthusiast

I leave mine on temp display most of the time. I do wish that temp was always displayed on the MFD, maybe in one of the upper corners or something, then you could use the MFD more as a trip computer, flipping through the screens that you're interested in. I've never had a car where the temp display was part of the "trip computer so to speak." Usually the temp has its own display.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:42 PM
tjq
Active Enthusiast

Maybe put the temp display in the mirrow instead of the compass? Just a thought.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Recent Hybrid convert

Originally Posted by tjq
Maybe someone can explain questiond from a new tch owner. (sixth day since picking up from dealer) Have been reading the manual when there is time and am on page 40 now.

Is there a way to set trip A as well as B to give mpg average? Or is trip A not for mpg? Trip B then will automatically start from scratch after fillup?
For non-NAV's, the MPG readout is not tied to either Trip A nor B, it's tied to when you filled up the tank... You can reset Trips A & B all you want, but it'll never do anything to the MPG readout. Am I totally mis-understanding your question?

Quick Reply: Non Nav TCH - what display do you use the most?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands