MPG guage is a real help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 02:43 PM
joe540ci
Default MPG guage is a real help!

When i watch my MPG needle and try for good milage it seems like every car on the road is flying by me or breaking later than me .I just keep thinking how much gas could be saved if every car made had that cool MPG computation guage like my TCH and people used them. I would think there would be at least a 10% overall feul savings in the country. Anyone ever feel like this....JOE

Old 09-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Vegetarian
Default Re: MPG guage is a real help!

I think that sometimes. But I kinda doubt too many people would really care. If paying $60 a week for gas isn't getting things through peoples heads, seeing a number on the dash won't help either. Especially if they never drive conservativly enough to find out that it helps. I definitely would like to see fuel economy gauges in all vehicles though. Because I know everyone isn't a maniac driver... well maybe they are, compared to me
Off topic... The thought of what if cars didn't have speedometers just popped in my head... would we go slower because we wouldn't know how fast or not fast we were going? Yeah... Doesn't really sound like a good idea. Nevermind.

Old 09-17-2006, 06:03 PM
WVGasGuy

I think the gage would help. I have started driving my 4Runner the same way I drive my TCH. Although I don't have the instant FE gage I do have a trip calclator and I have found that I can get 19.5 mpg where as I was averaging 16

Old 09-18-2006, 04:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'm sure that many people would ignore the mpg gauge, but for many people I think it would affect the way they drive. Yes, they're already getting hit up with high fuel bills. However, they don't have the instantaneous feedback of what they do that saves gas or wastes gas.