Hey NAV users, look what I found

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hey NAV users, look what I found

Can anyone tell me if the TSB is an upgrade to v6?

Old 02-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B-Red-TCH
Can anyone tell me if the TSB is an upgrade to v6?
My understanding is that it is NOT an upgrade to map version 6. It may also take away your override functionality if you have version 5 (if I recall correctly).

Old 02-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks to everyone for the very detailed instructions on hacking the DVD. I was able to get the DVD working on the first try. No issues.

Thanks again...

Old 03-13-2007, 07:49 AM
Enthusiast
Default Do NOT upgrade!

I have a 2004 LS430 that had the original map DVD until I took it in for service the other day. I decided what the heck--let's update to 6.1 while I'm in there. I lost the override feature, as you might have guessed. I didn't know it until I went to use the Nav today. I'm totally angry about the fact that the dealer didn't tell me about this "downgrade" --AND the fact that they didn't give me my original DVD to take home (even though I own it). I have a call into their service dept looking to get it back! If anyone would like to swap a COPY of their v5.1 DVD for a copy of my v6.1, that would allow us to try burning a "hybrid" disc like the one mentioned above.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

If you got the "free" replacement for the inaccurate position problem then it should still be a 5.1 DVD. In which case you have no right to keep the old "defective" DVD.
If you paid an "upgrade" price then you still can't use the old DVD. Read the license.
If you paid "full price" for a new version of the NAV software you should be able to keep the down level DVD.
So what applies to you?

Old 03-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Do NOT upgrade!

Originally Posted by mr.pete
I have a 2004 LS430 that had the original map DVD until I took it in for service the other day. I decided what the heck--let's update to 6.1 while I'm in there. I lost the override feature, as you might have guessed. I didn't know it until I went to use the Nav today. I'm totally angry about the fact that the dealer didn't tell me about this "downgrade" --AND the fact that they didn't give me my original DVD to take home (even though I own it). I have a call into their service dept looking to get it back! If anyone would like to swap a COPY of their v5.1 DVD for a copy of my v6.1, that would allow us to try burning a "hybrid" disc like the one mentioned above.
Actually you only need the LOADING.KWI to make the hybrid 6.1 with the override feature. I downloaded a copy of the file from a link off this forum.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
If you got the "free" replacement for the inaccurate position problem then it should still be a 5.1 DVD. In which case you have no right to keep the old "defective" DVD.
If you paid an "upgrade" price then you still can't use the old DVD. Read the license.
If you paid "full price" for a new version of the NAV software you should be able to keep the down level DVD.
So what applies to you?
Just to screw things up a little bit I got the "free" replacement for inaccurate positioning and got a Version 6.1 DVD.

Didn't keep the old 5.1 DVD but have a copy of it on my hard drive.

As a matter of interest it did not fix the positioning problem. Which lends more credence to the argument that the "free" replacement is just a ruse by Toyota to get rid of the override feature.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:31 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by Sooty
Just to screw things up a little bit I got the "free" replacement for inaccurate positioning and got a Version 6.1 DVD.

Didn't keep the old 5.1 DVD but have a copy of it on my hard drive.

As a matter of interest it did not fix the positioning problem. Which lends more credence to the argument that the "free" replacement is just a ruse by Toyota to get rid of the override feature.
When I changed DVD versions (6.1 to 6.modified) I had to unplug the number 12 fuse under the hood for the NAV system to reload the disk and see the changes. Could this be your problem?

Just a thought

Old 03-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
When I changed DVD versions (6.1 to 6.modified) I had to unplug the number 12 fuse under the hood for the NAV system to reload the disk and see the changes. Could this be your problem?

Just a thought

I didn't change the DVD the dealer did while the vehicle was in for other work, so it's possible they didn't do that.

But all the settings had changed back to defaults Kms changed back to Miles etc, so I'm presuming they did it correctly.

Edit: I thought I had read somewhere that when going from an older version(5.1) to a newer version(6.1) that the system word automatically load the newer firm wear or such. Resetting was only necessary if you want to go backwards to a previous version.

Last edited by Sooty; 03-14-2007 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Dazed and Confused

The nav will automaticly upgrade the software when a newer version is put in, it won't automaticaly down-grade. hence the reason you have to pull the fuse to force a reload of the software.

Quick Reply: Hey NAV users, look what I found

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands