Halagon to HID headlites

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Halagon to HID headlites

Yes, all the same but the hybrids have blue tint on them - it's clear to see.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:04 PM
TCH-Frosted Mink
Talking Re: Halagon to HID headlites

Got an HID Xenon Conversion Kit with bulb size H11 from ebay.
It has 2 bulbs + 2 ballasts + 2 sets of 'plug-n-play' wire which connect to existing socket.

Put it on my TCH and worked perfect. It said it should be about 3X brighter than stock H11. But still less than the stock HID I had on my Lexus GS and Sienna XLE.

'Plug-N-Play' means you do not need to cut or alter any existing wires. It took me 10 minutes to have it done.

Now let see how long can it last

Old 01-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

Its wont last long at that price, and it isn't a bright because stock color is 4300k, which is quite brighter than 6000k.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Stupid question but are HIDs illegal?

Old 01-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yes and no. Mostly yes, depending on where you live. Do it right, and the police would never know that they weren't factory. Do it cheaply and incorrectly, as most people do, and you will probably get caught or at least blind other drivers.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Remember too, TCH does not come with HID so if you do it - and a problem happens - there could always be the risk of voiding any warranty for improper modification of the vehicles electrical system (not to mention the modification of existing "factory & DOT' installed and approved equipment). Sounds out there but you never know.....

Old 01-23-2007, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by kris
Yes and no. Mostly yes, depending on where you live. Do it right, and the police would never know that they weren't factory. Do it cheaply and incorrectly, as most people do, and you will probably get caught or at least blind other drivers.
I had a hard time finding info on the NY DMV sight.

What would be the "cheap" way?
What would be the "correct" way?

Old 01-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Cheap way would be to buy a $150 conversion kit at 8000K.
The right way, and the cheap way in the long run, is to by a Philips/Denso kit at 4300K for around $400 from somewhere like xenondepot or xenonking. Either kit will produce clean, bright, white light without bling other drivers or putting out too little light.

Also, on the Carmy, you need to cover up the little tabs at the top of the projector that send upward light. If these are not covered, and it's easy to do by just sticking your finger in the light, then you will blind oncoming drivers = not cool.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by kris
Cheap way would be to buy a $150 conversion kit at 8000K.
The right way, and the cheap way in the long run, is to by a Philips/Denso kit at 4300K for around $400 from somewhere like xenondepot or xenonking. Either kit will produce clean, bright, white light without bling other drivers or putting out too little light.

Also, on the Carmy, you need to cover up the little tabs at the top of the projector that send upward light. If these are not covered, and it's easy to do by just sticking your finger in the light, then you will blind oncoming drivers = not cool.
Thank's Kris. Are HIDs really that much better than the stock? I've always had stock and I've seen some cars with completely crappy headlights and others like the Ford Ranger I am trading in for the TCH that have great headlights.

Mike

Old 01-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Malcontent

I find the stock bulbs a little dim compared to my '95 Camry.

I believe I have high beam bulbs in place of the low beam bulbs in the old Camry. A friend of mine who modifies and builds HID kits and sells them for quite a bit on eBay said that they would be brighter (and they are) and wouldn't damage the car in any way. It's been several years with no problems.

So I wonder if brighter bulbs can be put into the TCH that would improve things without going HID...

Quick Reply: Halagon to HID headlites

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands