Halagon to HID headlites

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 04:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Halagon to HID headlites

Originally Posted by belbe
I'm the one with the dead battery and am interested in reading the article you mention. Can you please post the link so I can read it? BTW, the battery is working fine now, but I am stimied by what happened and what you mention from the article.

Thanks.

Barb
Barb, look under item 22, you will see it comes standard on all hybrids.

SE XLE Hybrid Driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System [18]SSSSSDriver and front passenger front seat-mounted side airbags and front and rear side curtain airbags [18]SSSSSDriver's knee airbag [18]SSSSS3-point front seatbelts with adjustable shoulder anchors and driver-side Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR), front passenger Automatic/Emergency Locking Retractor (ALR/ELR)SSSSS3-point rear seatbelts with Automatic/Emergency Locking Retractors (ALR/ELR) for all passengersSSSSSOutboard rear seatbelt comfort guides SSSSSFront and rear crumple zones and side-impact door beams SSSSSAnti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist [19]SSSSSVehicle Stability Control (VSC) [20] with Traction Control (TRAC)OOOOSDirect Tire Pressure Monitor System [21]SSSSSVehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) [22]----SEnergy-absorbing collapsible steering columnSSSSSChild-protector rear door locksSSSSSRear-seat Child Restraint System (CRS) lower anchors and top tether brackets (LATCH)SSSSSInternal trunk-release handleSSSSSBattery-saver feature — deactivates interior lights after 20 minutesSSSSSDaytime Running Lights (DRL) with off modeSSSSSEngine immobilizerSSS-SEngine immobilizer with alarm ---S-URL="http://www.toyota.com/toyota/vehicles/2007/camry/updates

Last edited by skywagon; 01-15-2007 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:09 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kris
Reread again, he questions a "plug and play" kit, and although what you are saying is correct, with an HID CONVERSION, as he suggests, it is completly possible.

The Lexus is not the same as the TCH, you are replacing HID bulbs with HID bulbs.

The Lexus that I own GX470 rite now I did not change, they had HID, the 9 earlier ones did not.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skywagon
Barb, look under item 22, you will see it comes standard on all hybrids.

]22[/URL]]----SEnergy-absorbing collapsible steering columnSSSSSChild-protector rear door locksSSSSSRear-seat Child Restraint System (CRS) lower anchors and top tether brackets (LATCH)SSSSSInternal trunk-release handleSSSSSBattery-saver feature — deactivates interior lights after 20 minutesSSSSSDaytime Running Lights (DRL) with off modeSSSSSEngine immobilizerSSS-SEngine immobilizer with alarm ---S-URL="http://www.toyota.com/toyota/vehicles/2007/camry/updates
Skywagon - Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the link doesn't work...I think it has to do with your subscribing to the updates. Anyway, if the maplights are supposed to go off after 20 minutes, then either something else was on that killed the battery (ideas?) or else my battery-saving feature doesn't work. Or do the maplights qualify as 'interior lights'? I will have to try it out sometime this weekend...leave it on on purpose and check after 20 minutes. Will report back!

Barb

Old 01-19-2007, 07:17 AM
Dazed and Confused

My map lights don't turn off after 20 minutes. I left them on one night the first week I had the car, and discovered them on the next morning.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skywagon
Simple replacement of the standard halogen bulbs with HID bulbs is not possible. It requires a CONVERSION.

Then the TCH is different from the Lexus because I have bought and installed just the bulbs on 3 lexus's so far and no problem at all.

You were just fooled by marketing, what you bought was an HID like bulb... which is not the same as an HID bulb which requires a ballast to work.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ag4ever
My map lights don't turn off after 20 minutes. I left them on one night the first week I had the car, and discovered them on the next morning.
I second that, map lights don't go off at all (or until the battery is dead) But when I was listening to the radio one day with just the accessory on, the radio switched off after some time, and now to think of this it must have been about 20 minutes.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ag4ever
Just tried mine, they shut off in 18 mn first time between 19-20 second time.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by livvie
You were just fooled by marketing, what you bought was an HID like bulb... which is not the same as an HID bulb which requires a ballast to work.

I know what I bought and would you like to compare lites??

Old 01-19-2007, 12:33 PM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

belbe — As I read the circuit diagram, the map lights are not on the automatic cut-out circuit. Now, they may incorporate their own cut-out circuit, but why don't you just check this out by doing an experiment? I thought that it was the map light that caused your 12-volt battery to run down some weeks ago.

Stan

Old 01-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The map lights and dome light are different. The dome light (in the center) is on a 20 minute timer, the map lights are dumb and stay on until the battery dies, the bulb burns out, or you go into what should be a dark garage and say, "hey, where's that light coming from?"

Now about this halogen/HID thing: you simply can't plug an HID lamp into a 12 volt circuit and expect it to work. You'd have better luck shoving a 4 foot flourescent tube into your porch light. My bet is there's gonna be a fortune made by the first person that makes self ballasted HID lamps that fit standard 12v sockets, similar to self ballasted compact flourescent lamps, which will fit in your porch light.

Quick Reply: Halagon to HID headlites

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands