Early version of FAQ, since replaced

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Owner's FAQ

Thanks...it aint easy (but I figured out that if you edit the Permalink version of the post, you get the WYSWIG editor, which is a million times easier than editing BBCode.

edited

Last edited by haroldo; 01-21-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Default Re: New Owners FAQ - original version

Yippee!
We now have a sticky.
I'm taking a break! (I hope I spelled that right LOL)

Old 01-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JHSmith
Also, you may want to add the steps to get rid of Annoying Jill's (Irratiting Irene's) lead-in (such as "Say command after pressing button"). I can give the steps, if required.
Please, Please provide the instructions/steps to get rid of that annoying voice.....can you also provide instructions to get rid of the annoying voice that comes from the front passenger seat?

Old 01-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haroldo
Please write it up as you'd like it to appear, since I don't have NAV

Thanks!
Originally Posted by JHSmith
Another caveat to enter -- This one in Section 10, first entry. (Nav vs Voice Commands)

Also, you may want to add the steps to get rid of Annoying Jill's (Irratiting Irene's) lead-in (such as "Say command after pressing button"). I can give the steps, if required.
Here is my input: (Something for you, or someone to verify -- I don't have a Bluetooth phone <I know, so 20th century of me >, so I don't know if this applies to Bluetooth operations.)

INPUT:

How can I get rid of the prompt after the MIC button on the steering wheel is pressed? (It's irritating and gets old after a while.)

By default, after you press the MIC button, you get a voice prompt of "After the beep, please say a command".

Getting rid of these types of prompts is easy, but not spelled out in detail in the NAV Owner's Manual.

STEPS:

On the left side of the NAV/CD/Radio unit, press the "MENU" switch.

Now on the display unit, press "SETUP", then the down arrow (double arrows pointing down). You should now be on Page 2 of 3.

There is a line that reads "Voice Recognition Guidance". Press the "OFF" button, then press OK.

End of STEPS

That's it.

Now, when you press the MIC button and all you hear will be the "BEEP".

An item to explain: Although this gets rid of the voice prompt, you will still notice a delay between pressing the MIC button and the BEEP, as though the voice prompt is still talking. This is normal.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nyceshirtz
Please, Please provide the instructions/steps to get rid of that annoying voice.....can you also provide instructions to get rid of the annoying voice that comes from the front passenger seat?
I just posted the answer to part 1 of your request.

As far as part two: May I suggest purchasing a thick, insulated muffler? Unfortunately, I have found out that this doesn't work for long, and once it comes loose (3 feet/30 milliseconds whichever comes first), the noise level increases dramatically. Also, the car sways left to right as the driver's head is
introduced to his side window.

IMHO, it is easier to get some high quality earplugs. Gee, that may be why so many people put 5 KW boom boxes in their cars!

Last edited by JHSmith; 01-21-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:44 AM
Default Re: New Owners FAQ - original version

...busy this morning, will try to get to it sometime today...thanks!