Early version of FAQ, since replaced

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 07:25 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Owner's FAQ

Originally Posted by haroldo
ugh...sorry about the spelling!

as to the weight, sure it makes sense to car pool, but I thought it best to inform that weight will reduce the simple MPG calculation

Haroldo, we can read your posts and no need saying sorry as there are spelling police on every site so who cares if a person mispells a time or two. lol!!!! I would like to beleive that they are so perfect they never make a mistake lol!!!

Old 01-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

I normally don't go around and police spellings. We all know what was meant. But for a document like a FAQ, that wants to speak with authority, it should be letter perfect!

Old 01-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I agree.
It's sort of an official post and I don't mind going in and tweaking it.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:06 AM

ugh...sorry about the spelling!
My lord! What was my problem...I guess I should either write posts here or attend to my work (which is writing ... haha)....

SORRY everyone!!!

Old 01-21-2008, 10:08 AM

I don't see any problems with anyone suggesting correctoins of any kind. The more input that can be offered, the better this FAQ will become. A big thanks to Larry for starting this initiative!

I do hope that it's made into a sticky soon. It would be really nice to see it sitting at the top rather than hunt for it. Especially for new owners...

Old 01-21-2008, 10:26 AM

I do not like the look of those hybrid badges. Should I remove them? How can I remove them?
  • Improper removal might lead to paint damage. Perform this process at your own risk. The original poster and others in forum are not responsible for any damages.

Removal of the hybrid badges, located above both front wheel wells and on the trunk lid, has been debated concerning the safety of emergency response personnel. Some feel the removal of these badges could lead emergency response personnel to believe the vehicle is a non-hybrid thus putting them in harms way. Others feel emergency response personnel are trained to deal with hybrids and their tactics would not put them in harms way regardless of whether or not the vehicle is a hybrid. If you feel conformable with the potential safety issue, and would like to remove the badges, you might do so with little effort.

Removal of the badges is easiest during warm weather and when you first get the car. The badges are held on by a soft adhesive. To remove this adhesive, use dental floss in a saw-like motion starting at one corner and slowly working your way to the opposite corner. If the adhesive is difficult to cut through, you may try slightly heating the area with a blow dryer.

After the badge has been taken off, the rest of the adhesive can be removed by rubbig your finger around the area creating a ball of adhesive. Again, this works best when the metal is warm.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by rmorrow
I don't see any problems with anyone suggesting correctoins of any kind. The more input that can be offered, the better this FAQ will become. A big thanks to Larry for starting this initiative!

I do hope that it's made into a sticky soon. It would be really nice to see it sitting at the top rather than hunt for it. Especially for new owners...
Got a PM from admin and the the FAQ will probably be made into a sticky
Now if we can get the newbies to read it.

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
I do not like the look of those hybrid badges. Should I remove them? How can I remove them?
  • Improper removal might lead to paint damage. Perform this process at your own risk. The original post
Do we draw a line on the FAQ? If we were to add it every question, the FAQ becomes unwieldy, if it isn't already. Not sure if this is a topic that would be frequently asked, nor one that I think needed (IMHO). After all, it ask "...hey, I want to mar the look of my car, how should I do it?"
Just my two cents. It's not my FAQ, so if you really want it, I'll edit it in, but take a look at the length of the post, as it is now, and let me know what you think

Old 01-21-2008, 01:05 PM

Do we draw a line on the FAQ? If we were to add it every question, the FAQ becomes unwieldy, if it isn't already. Not sure if this is a topic that would be frequently asked, nor one that I think needed (IMHO). After all, it ask "...hey, I want to mar the look of my car, how should I do it?"
Just my two cents. It's not my FAQ, so if you really want it, I'll edit it in, but take a look at the length of the post, as it is now, and let me know what you think
Agreed, it is long. It would be better served in a wiki, but most people head to the forums so we would want a FAQ that then points to the wiki page. (You did mention adding to the wiki a few times.)

That said, I am trying to pull together the questions that have either been asked a few times or are likely to be asked. An example of a question that is likely to be asked a few times might be the one Nick is dealing with right now (AKA - auto switch from the audio screens).

So many questions have been answered again and again that it makes the most sense to have a well organized FAQ. I think the current FAQ could use a little formatting to present it in a little more readable fashion (since we have so much content in there).

On an aside, there are weird bullets where "Why do my brakes shudder during the first few stops?" was added. The new paragraphs can just be text with a blank line between groupings.

(remove the \ of course...)

Question?
[LIST\]
[*\]Some paragraph......

Another paragraph......

One more......[/LIST\]

-----------------------------------------

Question?
  • Some paragraph......

Another paragraph......

One more......

Mike

Last edited by mikieboyblue; 01-21-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:22 PM

edited the bullets

the average reader will see a very long FAQ and glance at it and quickly lose interest

maybe we should have a list of oft asked questions (but the answers would be in other posts requiring a click, rather than appear in the main post to save on space)

Old 01-21-2008, 02:10 PM

edited the bullets

the average reader will see a very long FAQ and glance at it and quickly lose interest

maybe we should have a list of oft asked questions (but the answers would be in other posts requiring a click, rather than appear in the main post to save on space)
That is true. However, if it keeps us from answering questions time and time again it might be worth it. I wonder what others think.

With respect to the badge thing, I condense a very long thread into a few paragraphs. I think that is where the FAQ really wins over pointing to threads.

You're doing an awesome job Larry!

Quick Reply: Early version of FAQ, since replaced

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands