Bluetooth compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth compatibility

Thanks ginway I will give that a shot tonight.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Bluetooth compatibility

Ginway, I'm looking forward to trying your phonebook transfer technique. I've had this question for five weeks, and hope your solution works for me, too. Thanks!!!

Old 06-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

You're welcome! I'm glad that I figured it out, because I don't like to enter my stuff with all caps. This way, it all transferred exactly the way I painstakingly transferred it onto my phone. LOL. You all let me know if it works for you!

Old 06-24-2006, 08:23 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Ijust picked up a Motorola Razr on T-Mobile. The car phound the phone phast and it is phabulous. I created a shortcut softkey so I can turn the phone BT on and off instantly if needed.

Old 06-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Bluetooth compatibility

I've never needed to turn on or off the Bluetooth feature. How do you plan to use that feature? My phone automatically connects in the car, and the NAV screen lets you transfer the call back to the mobile phone at any time.

Old 06-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Enthusiast

If I have other people in the car (especially business associates) I turn off BT to the car.

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
I've never needed to turn on or off the Bluetooth feature. How do you plan to use that feature? My phone automatically connects in the car, and the NAV screen lets you transfer the call back to the mobile phone at any time.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Couple of reasons I've assigned a Bluetooth soft key on the Razr:

1. If I'm not going to use it, I can save a tad bit of phone power by telling it no Bluetooth today.
2. My wife has the same phone. Yes, the car is paired with both and simply asks which phone to pair up with when both are present, but it's just as easy turning off the bluetooth on the phone.
3. I have the ability to assign a softkey, so I thought I'd take advantage (gadget factor, ya know?)
I guess that's three reasons.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Enthusiast
Question Re: Bluetooth compatibility

As I posted earlier, I have not been able to pair my TERO 650 with Blue Tooth in the TCH. I was told by Palm and Verizon that they were not compatible.

I just came from a Verizon store and saw the MotorolaQ. The techis do not know one way or the other if the Q is compatible. I asked them if they hade a phone I could take out to my car and just see if it would pair but was told that they can not let a phone out of the store with out activation. They did say that if I purchases the phone I could return it within 15 days.

Before I go that route I'd like to ask if anyone has had any experience with the Q in regard to compatability to Blue Tooth in the TCH.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just to add to the list of devices that work, I have successfully synched up a Nextel 7520 BlackBerry and a Cingular 8700 BlackBerry to my TCH. With the Nextel the PTT doesn’t work through the car properly but everything else does.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:58 AM
Enthusiast

OK, I went out and got myself a Motorola Q last night. The Blue Tooth interface works fine but I'm not sure I want to keep the phone. My first reactions is that the UI presentation is not as good as the Palm Treo 650. I have 15 days to bring the phone back so I'm going to wait a few days to see how it goes. The main point of this experiment was to see if the Q was compatible with the Blue Tooth technology in the TCH.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth compatibility

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands