Bluetooth compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth compatibility

I'm wondering if it will work with a BlackBerry. I have a Nextel 7520 and a Cingular 8700 to try it with once my car comes in. I'll post my results.

Old 06-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Bumzyman: Please give me an update on the Blackberry 8700 when you get a chance. There is a long Bluetooth thread on Edmunds. However, I haven't seen a report back from anyone after pairing that model.

It appears that it should work, but the phone book won't transfer.

Thanks!

Old 06-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Enthusiast

I've tried it with three phones:

Treo 650 (unlocked/non-branded)
Blackberry 8700c (the new one/cingular)
Motorola v635 (unlockd/non-branded)

All three worked fine *except* I can't figure out how to upload the entire phone book on any of the three. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I can transfer one phone-book entry by one by one on the v635--> but that's not very helpful as I have over 400. Anyone figure out how to transfer an entire Motorola phone book?

Old 06-13-2006, 06:41 AM
Enthusiast

I have not been able to use my Verizon TREO650 with the Bluetooth in the TCH. I have spoken to Verizon and to PALM and they told me that they are not compatible. There currently is no estimate on when PALM will have a software update.
However; I was able to pair up my wife's LG VX8100 with no problem.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:19 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Major bummer... I was looking forward to the bluetooth capability with my Treo 650. Unfortunately my husband also has a Treo 650, so neither of us will be able to use it.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usahelmut
I have not been able to use my Verizon TREO650 with the Bluetooth in the TCH. I have spoken to Verizon and to PALM and they told me that they are not compatible. There currently is no estimate on when PALM will have a software update.
However; I was able to pair up my wife's LG VX8100 with no problem.
We have a Treo 650 (unlocked GSM version, not verizon), and it works fine (though no phonebook download). One thing that was odd about it, though: When you get the pairing screen to display, even though the phone shows a connection, the pairing screen on the TCH doesn't show a connection. We had to hit cancel. We thought it hadn't paired...but after hitting cancel noticed that it worked fine. Not sure if this is helpful as we have a different verison of the Treo 650....

By the way, I wouldn't hold your breath on an update to the Treo 650. The phone has been out a long time and they don't tend to make updates like this. Recommend you go over to howardforums.com and search the forum on the Treo device for more info (or the Verizon forum). They're nut-cases on this stuff over there.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I agree about not holding your breath, especially since the Treo 700P was just released...

Old 06-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finallybuying
I've tried it with three phones:

Treo 650 (unlocked/non-branded)
Blackberry 8700c (the new one/cingular)
Motorola v635 (unlockd/non-branded)

All three worked fine *except* I can't figure out how to upload the entire phone book on any of the three. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I can transfer one phone-book entry by one by one on the v635--> but that's not very helpful as I have over 400. Anyone figure out how to transfer an entire Motorola phone book?
In these systems, the phonebook does have a capacity. You might have already max out the full capacity of your phonebook. In my 2004 Lexus LS 430 it can only take up to 32. I think the capacity of the TCH is larger but by how much I do not know.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
Major bummer... I was looking forward to the bluetooth capability with my Treo 650. Unfortunately my husband also has a Treo 650, so neither of us will be able to use it.
I have a Treo 650 Cingular which is about 1 month old and it does work fine with my TCH bluetooth/NAV. Older Treo 650 did have problems with Bluetooth connectivity but you can download the update/upgrade from the Treo website. Go to www.palm.com and download the upgrade for your Treo 650.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Enthusiast

I am using a Treo 700p with my THC. Worked instantly after pairing. Super easy, no hiccups. Lost connectivity once in the week I've had the car. Reset the Treo and problem solved. Sometimes it autoconnects quicker than others, but never takes more than 45 seconds. Connects even when the Treo is in the trunk.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth compatibility

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands