Bluetooth compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Bluetooth compatibility

A salesman today told me that the Camry's Bluetooth would not work with all Bluetooth phones and providers.

I have Sprint and was planning to upgrade my phone to a Samsung AA-900 (Blade) before my Camry arrives. I don't know enough about Bluetooth yet to know if the salesman was accurate. Ideas, anyone?

Thanks.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth compatibility

Try these sites:

http://www.toyota.com/bluetooth

http://toyota.letstalk.com/bluetooth/bt_userguides.htm
This site is trying to sell you a phone, so don't beleive that only these phones work with the car. But the user guides do look useful.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Brian5499

I don't see why the bluetooth capabilities of the TCH wouldnt work with any bluetooth capable phone, as well as any bluetooth capable add/on nav system(some of the aftermarket nav systems are selling bluetooth enabled, allowing you to hear the directions through the bluetooth enabled car speakers). Bluetooth is a very flexible technology. You can usually pair with anything thats bluetooth enabled, depending on the devices and what you are doing (dont try to send your car a picture, for example, LOL). But anything that involves the use/transmission of audio should work. This is the reason I did not get the nav system. I will buy a 700.00 gps unit that is bluetooth enabled and save 1400 dollars, and basically have the same gps capability(without paying a update fee for updated toyota maps )

Old 05-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

BJM The problem with bluetooth & cellphones is that most of your service providers have crippled the BT capabilities of their phones in order to force you to use their other pay services.

File Xfer & BT dialup are the ones that are usually the first to be disabled, but many others have been virtually crippled. It is so bad on some models that there was actually a class action lawsuit against Verizon over their crippling of the Motorolla V610. Verizon lost & is replacing phones for free.

My suggestion is that if you're wondering about BT compatibility & your phone, lurk on the forums at:

http://www.howardforums.com

The people there know more about cell phones than anyone else I know.

Old 05-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Arrow Re: Bluetooth compatibility

I bought a new Bluetooth phone today (Samsung "Blade" AA-900) and now have real results about the system. The phone works great through the Camry, but I could not get my address data to transfer. No big deal.

The sound clarity was excellent. People I called reported they could hear me better through the car's system than when I used a mobile phone in a regular manner. The feeling of being able to talk hands-free by phone with Bluetooth is a great feeling.

It only took minutes to program everything, and my provider is Sprint. By the way, the dialing assitance options in the Camry are extensive.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Enthusiast

Got a couple of questions on Bluetooth compatibility.

Has anyone used Verizon cellphones with the Bluetooth in their TCH? If so, any problems, does the Verizon cellphones work OK? I am looking at upgrading to a Verizon Motorola RAZR V3c. Anyone using this phone with their TCH?

Another question, has anyone tried to see if the Bluetooth in the TCH will recognize 2 different Bluetooth cellphones? How would we deal with the fact that I would have one Bluetooth phone and my wife would have her Bluetooth phone with a different phone number? Can the TCH be able to handle both phones or would we have to choose one or could we switch depending on who is driving?

Any help would be appreciated!

Rod

Old 06-12-2006, 12:14 PM

Rod,

I too am with Verizon and read somewhere that Verizon Wireless service would work with the TCH, however, you could not download your address book. Therefore you'd have to do it manually. However, I came upon a post on another webboard where someone claimed that he could download it using an LG8300. Don't know if it's true or not.

According to the TCH owner's manual the car can accept about 5 different cell phones.

Old 06-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Enthusiast

I have Verizon VX9800 and it works well with my TCH. This phone will not let you transfer the entire contact at once but rather one at a time. I'm trying to figure out if the version 2 (current software update) of the VX9800 will let me do that. I don't think it's a problem though I may try doing it via a file transfer through my laptop but I'm too lazy. It would be nice if the NAV system has a usb capability.

I havn't tried this yet but you can probably program two bluetooth phones with the "User" option on the TCH. Since you can program 3 users in the TCH, you can use 1 user for your phone, 2nd user on the 2nd phone, 3rd user for both phones (when both phones are in the TCH at the same time). I think I'll try this to see if it works.

Old 06-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orcrone
Rod,

I too am with Verizon and read somewhere that Verizon Wireless service would work with the TCH, however, you could not download your address book. Therefore you'd have to do it manually. However, I came upon a post on another webboard where someone claimed that he could download it using an LG8300. Don't know if it's true or not.

According to the TCH owner's manual the car can accept about 5 different cell phones.
Orcrone,

Thanks for the info! If you come across the web page again about how to download the address book using a LG8300, please let me know.

Thanks too about clueing me in on the fact that all I needed to do was read the owner's manual to see about having different cell phones work with the TCH. Dooh! I'll check it out this evening.

Rod

Old 06-12-2006, 01:40 PM

I looked for that post regarding the LG8300 but couldn't find it. Not sure where I saw it and now I wouldn't swear I did find it.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth compatibility

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands