Bluetooth compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth compatibility

My VX9800 worked fine with the normal Camry. I didn't have time to try and make a call or play with it too much since I was just test driving it. I hope that everything works well with it when I get my TCH. From what I've read on here, it does.

Old 06-22-2006, 08:52 PM
Enthusiast

Great disappointment that my Treo 650 won't pair with my Camry Hybrid. :-(
The phone says "yes" but the car says "failed". So sad!
If anyone gets a clue on how to fixt his then please let us know!

All my software is the latest, e.g. 1.04a-VZW. Thanks, Travis

Old 06-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

I had trouble getting the TCH to find my phone. I did backwards, phone finding the car, and it worked. I don't know if that helps!

Old 06-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Enthusiast

I have an unlocked GSM Treo 650 that I had to try a few times to get it paired but it works fine. I don't know if Verizon did anything funky with the BT, but if they didn't it should work.

Originally Posted by TravisGood
Great disappointment that my Treo 650 won't pair with my Camry Hybrid. :-(
The phone says "yes" but the car says "failed". So sad!
If anyone gets a clue on how to fixt his then please let us know!

All my software is the latest, e.g. 1.04a-VZW. Thanks, Travis

Old 06-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Enthusiast

Yes, I've read of Sprint and unlocked Treo 650s have success with pairing with TCH.
The problem seems to be with Verizon and tampering they have done on the Treo.
I'm hoping there's some hack or process that's been found to fix the problem.

Right now there just aren't enough Verizon Treo 650s trying to pair with new Camry.

Hopefully the solution will reveal itself soon. Travis

Old 06-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I wish more people would just leave Verizon and tell them it's because they're deliberately REMOVING FEATURES from phones just so they can CHARGE MORE MONEY! It's one thing if these phones lacked these capabilities, but having Verizon deliberately disable them is too much for me! I know there are hacks and work-arounds to some of these issues, but REALLY, should these be needed? After enough people ditched them, I would bet more features would be turned on.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bmgoodman
I wish more people would just leave Verizon and tell them it's because they're deliberately REMOVING FEATURES from phones just so they can CHARGE MORE MONEY! It's one thing if these phones lacked these capabilities, but having Verizon deliberately disable them is too much for me! I know there are hacks and work-arounds to some of these issues, but REALLY, should these be needed? After enough people ditched them, I would bet more features would be turned on.
I can't agree with Verizon's choice to remove features from phones...BUT...in my area the Verizon coverage is BY FAR better than the GSM coverage. We have been on Cingular for over a year now and while I do think it got a LITTLE better it still isn't nearly as good as Verizon was over a year ago.

Back to the OP our new Motorola L6 SLVRs connect VERY VERY quickly with the TCH bluetooth system...clearly faster than the Moto V551s (Cingular phones, the L6s are unlocked) that we just replaced.

Now if I could just figure out how to download the phone books out of our phones onto the car's system...it says I can do it but when we tell it to do so it terminates the Bluetooth connection...anyone figure that one out yet?

Old 06-23-2006, 09:56 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bmgoodman
Believe me, were it not for their Family Plan rates I'd be gone in a New York minute.

So, now that you have that flame out of your system, any suggestions? :-)

Thanks, Travis

Old 06-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have Verizon and the Motorola E815. It connects very fast to the Camry and sounds good, with no static when using the hands free. When someone calls, the number displays on the radio's screen (I don't have Navigation) and the controls work as expected. FYI, the E815 supports bluetooth phone book transfers but I've not figured out how to upload my phone to the car.

(just a note, it is possible to enable BT file transfers that Verizon disabled on the E815 to transfer videos, music and pictures to/from the phone)

Old 06-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

I figured it out. It took me a few trial and errors. Make sure that your phone is connected to the car through bluetooth. Don't worry when it tells you that the device is disconnected, that is actually a good thing. So, here's the step by step as I understand it:

1) Connect your phone to the car through Bluetooth
2) Go into the phone menu and click on phonebook
3) Click on transfer data
4) The display will say "transferring data" or something like that
5) Your phone will say "device is disconnected" or something along those lines
6) Go into your phone's contact list, highlight the contact you wish to transfer, then press Option then Send via vcard
7) Your phone will pull up a list of paired devices
8) Highlight the device corresponding to your car
9) Hit OK
10)You will see a message say "VCard Sent"
11)Then another message saying "Bluetooth device is connected"
12)Repeat the above steps starting at step 3
13)Repeat until you have all the contacts you want in there.

BTW, I have a VX9800, just for reference sake, but all the Verizon interfaces on the phones should be the same? Good luck!

Quick Reply: Bluetooth compatibility

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands