Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

having trouble locating a decent price on the bec-106, anyone used the BEC-108? or know if there is any difference?

Old 07-29-2009, 03:40 PM
HAPPY TCH OWNER

I think they are similar but with a wider angle on the 108 if I remember correctly. Best pricing is on eBay last time I checked.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Enthusiast

I have a 2007 camry hybrid, my car came without a nav system originally, but i bought one and installed it myself, but the hands free microphone, and the turn by turn navigation guidance are not working.I see you have a California license plate, I live in LA, and i was wondering if you can help me fix the problem somehow. I will pay u for labor. Thanks.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:03 AM
Enthusiast

Anyone do this lately? My dad wants to do this and I'm jumping in to help and reading up. I ordered a few CD Rom cables.. I may go with the BEC-108 as long as it works, if anything has changed let me know..

Old 12-08-2009, 09:07 AM
HAPPY TCH OWNER

Originally Posted by bokster
I have a 2007 camry hybrid, my car came without a nav system originally, but i bought one and installed it myself, but the hands free microphone, and the turn by turn navigation guidance are not working.I see you have a California license plate, I live in LA, and i was wondering if you can help me fix the problem somehow. I will pay u for labor. Thanks.
Send me a PM (private message) and I'll see if I can help.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Enthusiast

Hello, I'm installing my backup camera exactly the way these instructions say, and everything fits perfectly, but it won't work. I bought the camera brand new, but it still won't work. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:02 AM
HAPPY TCH OWNER

Originally Posted by bokster
Hello, I'm installing my backup camera exactly the way these instructions say, and everything fits perfectly, but it won't work. I bought the camera brand new, but it still won't work. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks.
Since it's just a standard video output, try testing it out of the car. Use a 12v power supply and plug it into the video in on your TV and confirm that it works first.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Enthusiast

I think I'm sold on the backup camera being a DIY and ready to take the dive.

I read most of the replies and I think I narrowed down my choice to the Rostra. One of the reasons why i chose this one is due to the fact that I don't have to deal with the CD-ROM pins etc.
The package I saw on the web is this (http://electronman.stores.yahoo.net/nabacawifain.html) and it says compitble with 2007. I want to know if this will work with my 2009 TCH.

For those who have installed the Rostra, how is the camera working for you? How easy was the installation?

Thanks,
Ed

Old 12-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Enthusiast

Hello, can you please email me the intructions on how to install a backup camera on a Toyota Camry Hibrid 2009, My Email is nasko71@yahoo.com. I look foward on seeing your replys.

Thank you very much,
Atanas

Old 12-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Enthusiast

Almost a 4 year-old thread and continues to help us TCH owners. Thank you so much JagBagri!!!
I installed my backup camera last night and it took me less than 2 hours to install. But i did a whole week of planning. Of course I printed and read this thread 5 times which made my installation so much easy what would've been otherwise a week-long project.
Anyway, I installed the Rostra (250-8076) Backup camera (again suggestion from someone in this forum). The pre-crimped pins on the for the R10 made the installation really easy. The connectors just went right through the R10 connector and no need to mess with CD-ROM pins etc. This pre-installed pins will cut your intallation time i half!.
Very happy with the camera and doubly happy with the help and tips i get from the contributors to this very useful forum. Cheers to JagBagri and to all who added added their additional tips.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg

Quick Reply: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands