Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 07:14 PM
2009TCH w/NAV bought 4/08
Default Re: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Originally Posted by DBS
I installed the BEC 106 camera on my 2008 TCH and it works great.
I have one on my 2009 TCH.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have a 2009 TCH and am interested in the BEC106 but I do not feel comfortable installing it myself. Does anyone know of a good place to have this done in the Long Island, NY area?

Old 11-21-2008, 07:47 AM
2009TCH w/NAV bought 4/08

Originally Posted by jg013c
I have a 2009 TCH and am interested in the BEC106 but I do not feel comfortable installing it myself. Does anyone know of a good place to have this done in the Long Island, NY area?
I wasn't comfortable with it either so I had a local car audio shop in my town do it. Here's what I suggest:
1) Look for recommendations on audio shops.
2) Bring the instructions/photos with you. The audio guy I had said it really helped.
3) Don't count on them having the proper pins. Go to a computer geek place and find the cable with the pins. I wish I had as the audio guy didn't have the pins and so he had to do what I could have done which would have saved me time and money.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:54 PM
HAPPY TCH OWNER

Originally Posted by jg013c
I did it myself but I believe that most Circuit City stores will do the install for $75-$100.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

I may not feel comfortable doing it myself, but I feel even less comfortable having circuit city do it.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Enthusiast

I decided on the Rostra RearSight Back Up Camera Navigation Interface Kit, since this kit it is designed specifically for the 2007+ Toyota Camry (so can use the included connectors without modification), and is more flush as it attaches directly to the lower trunk molding from the interior, much like a factory installed backup camera on most other vehicles. You can see install instructions and pics at http://www.rostra.com/pdf/Form5103-250-8076.pdf to see what I'm talking about. I found it for $199 at http://electronman.stores.yahoo.net/camry20062007.html. There is some yahoo spamming message boards offering it for $150, but unless he wants to pony up a legitimate website to order it from, I'm not giving my credit card to someone who posted to to a forum, plus I don't want to encourage this behavior. Once I receive it and install it I'll post my experience and pics. If anyone has already done so, please post your experience as well.

Old 12-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Enthusiast

How'd the install go?

Never could get my BEC-105 to work...

Old 02-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hi eveyone.

Glad to see this thread still alive and helping out. I'm so glad I took those pictures while I installed the camera as it helped so many of the fellow members with install and save $$$$.

Thanks and enjoy the ride.

Last edited by jagbagri; 03-25-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ruc2827
I decided on the Rostra RearSight Back Up Camera Navigation Interface Kit, since this kit it is designed specifically for the 2007+ Toyota Camry (so can use the included connectors without modification), and is more flush as it attaches directly to the lower trunk molding from the interior, much like a factory installed backup camera on most other vehicles. You can see install instructions and pics at http://www.rostra.com/pdf/Form5103-250-8076.pdf to see what I'm talking about. I found it for $199 at http://electronman.stores.yahoo.net/camry20062007.html. There is some yahoo spamming message boards offering it for $150, but unless he wants to pony up a legitimate website to order it from, I'm not giving my credit card to someone who posted to to a forum, plus I don't want to encourage this behavior. Once I receive it and install it I'll post my experience and pics. If anyone has already done so, please post your experience as well.
I installed the Rostra camera in about 1.5 hrs- very easy to install- no soldering or messing with pins necesary! Much easier install than the eclipse.

I highly recommend it, couldn't be happier.

Of course, this forum made the install so much easier.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Enthusiast

Would the same procedure work on a Prius? Does the Camry and Prius use the same MFD? Are the connections the same?

Quick Reply: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands