Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 04:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Originally Posted by studio69
I have received back a letter from Toyota about the NON Hybrid GPS unit that was installed. They are basically saying it is the dealers responsibility. So I have forwarded the letter to my dealer to see if they will replace it with the Hybrid GPS, as I was led to believe that is what I was buying. It would be good if everyone in Canada that bought one of these units to write to Toyota. Check this thread it shows the different models. http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...-navigation-2/
I believe I will do that. Please let me know what your dealer's response is, as well. Thanks. (sorry for the off-topic)

Old 12-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Enthusiast

Has anyone installed a back up cam on an 2008 TCH, I just want to make sure they have not changed it up.

Also do you have more pictures on the initial wiring of the eclipse wire to pc audio connector?

Thanks

Old 12-17-2007, 02:11 AM
Enthusiast

I installed a camera in my 2008. The wiring has not changed from 2007. I did not take any pictures. sorry.
Mike

Old 02-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, I've been reading this forum for a while...

finally took the plunge and bought a BEC 105 off of ebay and had the guys in circuit city install it. For some reason... they couldn't get it to work. When I put it in reverse, it shows the check surrounding area for safety, but shows a flickering grey screen.
They said that they actually took apart the cable harness, so it's not a matter of the pins not being connected. Is there anything else anyone here can think of?

Thanks

Old 02-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Enthusiast

i was successful at installing the Kenwood CCD-2000 Rear View Camera in my 2007 TCH. if anyone is interested in this alternative, i might be able to assist.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

OK, I read through all 14 pages and it doesnt seem anyone succesfully installed a keyhole camera, I would much rather use this method. Any input? I am just wondering how hard it is to get the lock assembly out, the rest should be pretty simple.

Edit: Here is the camera I am thinking of...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HQ-CC...spagenameZWDVW
What do you guys think?

Last edited by raven77; 02-26-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:05 PM
DBS
Enthusiast

I installed the BEC 106 camera on my 2008 TCH and it works great.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Enthusiast

Hi all,
For those who don't have a Nav unit in your hybrid, consider the Nextar I4-BC GPS, it includes a wireless backup camera that mounts in the license plate bolts. It's currently around $285, not a bad deal if you don't want to pry your dash open. The thing with wireless is video quality may get choppy when there is a lot of interferences (2.4ghz band), but i don't imagine having much of that in the parking lot, or your garage for that matter, and if the distance b/w the nav and the camera is too far, but then again our hybrid is not a limo so it should be useful 99% of the time.

LT

Last edited by ryustar; 03-02-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: oops, wrong car
Old 03-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zolihonig
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, I've been reading this forum for a while...

finally took the plunge and bought a BEC 105 off of ebay and had the guys in circuit city install it. For some reason... they couldn't get it to work. When I put it in reverse, it shows the check surrounding area for safety, but shows a flickering grey screen.
They said that they actually took apart the cable harness, so it's not a matter of the pins not being connected. Is there anything else anyone here can think of?

Thanks
So... Today I cracked open the whole NAV unit, and checked every single connection. Some of them looked funny so I redid them. At first i thought it would have been a ground wire, but I tested each cable individually and figured out that every single cable was pushed down all the way. So could this indicate a faulty camera? I'm using the BEC 105- bought from ebay.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have an 05 prius and I am thinking that there is no reason that this camera setup would not work in the prius. When I have been in the dig. screens it says camera but of course its greyed out. If anyone has a thought about this let me know! thanks.

Quick Reply: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands