Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Here is my cheap ebay nightvision camera installed using custom bracket screwed under the license plate.

Last edited by crasher; 09-07-2007 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Added image
Old 09-08-2007, 06:01 AM
Enthusiast

DP, Thanks for the info. Will keep looking and checking. Voodoo (101)

Old 09-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Enthusiast
Post Re: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Hi! This is my 1st post and I would like to thank all the contributors especially Jagbagri, whose detailed info has guided me to install my own back up camera. This is in response to Voodoo's inquiry about license plate back up camera. Two months ago, I've installed Boyo's VTL200 (frm eBay) license plate rear color camera. This unit has high sensitive 1/3" dsp color ccd built-in, 130 degees 2.8mm pinhole lens, 380 horizontal res, low 0.3 lux (great @ night), adjustable vertical tilt, reverse image, waterproof, operating temp of -4F to 122F, and secure design. It unit has 3 wires - Red (6-12v source), Blk (ground) & Yellow (Video +). I've connected the red & black wires to the left reverse light located under the trunk lid lining and route the supplied, long cable thru driver's side door sills. Connected wires yellow and black (again) to the nav's R10, pin 22 & pin 23 respectively.

I like the unit b/c the camera is integrated to the frame (more like a factory installed) and its secure design - the bolt head(s) are plushed and the nuts are secured inside the trunk... A great weekend project! I hope this input helps...

Old 10-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Enthusiast

I finally got my Bec 106 installed on my camera for only $65 at Best Buy. But i was wondering once you have the camera installed, and when you access the hidden screen, do the camera check icon still greyed out???

Old 10-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

What is the SKU number on the camera you purchased at Best Buy?

Old 10-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kenkobra
What is the SKU number on the camera you purchased at Best Buy?
Im sorry for the confusion. I purchased my camera @ Beachaudio for approx $180, and had Best Buy install it for $65

Old 10-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

yes, mine is still greyed-out, but the bec-106 integrates flawlesly and works well!

Old 10-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Enthusiast

Is there anyone in the ATL area that has done this? I will be receiving my Eclipse BEC106 soon and will require some assistance (if possible). Please PM me or send me an email. I will reply as quickly as I can. I will compensate you for your time in one way or another.

Thanks in advance,

- Atl-Silver

Old 10-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Enthusiast

I installed the BEC106 on my 2008 Camry Hybrid. When I shift into reverse, the screen goes black with the safety message, but no picture. Anyone have an idea where the problem may be?
thanks in advance...
Mike

Old 10-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by walkerm
I installed the BEC106 on my 2008 Camry Hybrid. When I shift into reverse, the screen goes black with the safety message, but no picture. Anyone have an idea where the problem may be?
thanks in advance...
Mike
Your Camry is noticing that you have the camera plugged into the nav system because it is displaying the message.
Check your connection near the camera.
Did you remove the piece of black tape from the lens? (just kidding)

Quick Reply: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands