Anyone using a Treo 700p with their TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: Anyone using a Treo 700p with their TCH?

This is how I transfer the entire phonebook (Category ALL) or a specific contact category from my Palm based Treo.
From the TCH:
Info->Telephone->Settings->PhoneBook->Transfer Data->Group ## or No Group
From the PALM based Treo:
Applications->Contacts->Select Category->Menu->Send Category->Bluetooth->OK->Nearby Devices->OK->Select Camry (HANDSFREE)->Done

Old 10-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Originally Posted by schmidtj
This is how I transfer the entire phonebook (Category ALL) or a specific contact category from my Palm based Treo.
From the TCH:
Info->Telephone->Settings->PhoneBook->Transfer Data->Group ## or No Group
From the PALM based Treo:
Applications->Contacts->Select Category->Menu->Send Category->Bluetooth->OK->Nearby Devices->OK->Select Camry (HANDSFREE)->Done
So I take it that I have to do the functions on both the TCH and the Treo in order to make the transfer - correct?

Thanks for your help on this!

Old 10-25-2006, 04:13 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
So I take it that I have to do the functions on both the TCH and the Treo in order to make the transfer - correct?

Thanks for your help on this!
That is correct. Also I should mention I have the NAV version of the TCH. Not sure what the TCH end of things procedure is for the Non-NAV TCHs but the Treo-side procedure would be unchanged for the Non-NAV.
Basically you need to put the car into "I am ready to receive" mode and the phone set to "Here it comes" mode.

Old 10-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Originally Posted by schmidtj
That is correct. Also I should mention I have the NAV version of the TCH. Not sure what the TCH end of things procedure is for the Non-NAV TCHs but the Treo-side procedure would be unchanged for the Non-NAV.
Basically you need to put the car into "I am ready to receive" mode and the phone set to "Here it comes" mode.
Got it - worked like a charm! Thank you!

Old 04-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Anyone using a Treo 700p with their TCH?

can i just say, i love my new 2007 prius. picked it up last Friday, have 37 miles on it. it's fabulous! i'm reading like crazy and running down to the car every five minutes. this is my first post as an 'anything' enthusiast.

the bluetooth on my treo 650 synced immediately and has worked like a charm. no sound problems as BIG-FOOT mentioned. my friend says it sounds great.

like LILARIENNE, i haven't been able to get contacts transfered either. my treo does not need an update at this time. i checked and it's already at 1.17. i appreciate the reminder from SCHMIDTJ.

i was going to next try SCHMIDTJ's solution. so happy to catch that. however, i did something to knock the signal off and can't get it back on. so i'll try again tomorrow.

what did i do? i hit the power button and you know how quiet this car is! how sometimes it'll idle and then just gear up. well it geared & sputtered! HUH? so i hit the power button, (one for off, one for on) and as an experiment i put my foot on the accelerator. it scared me silly...and wouldn't stop!! so i hit the power button again (2xsame). and THAT's when i noticed the bluetooth didn't connect and NOW it won't find the darn thing. i had all kinds of things on the dash flashing at me.
i hope i didn't ruin my break-in period with that little stunt.

p.s. can you guys tell me what TCH means? i'm seeing that a LOT!!!

Old 04-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by CkGoGreen
Toyota Camry Hybrid

Old 04-24-2007, 08:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Totally Cool Hybrid, ~dude~

Old 04-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

i was going to next try SCHMIDTJ's solution. so happy to catch that. however, i did something to knock the signal off and can't get it back on. so i'll try again tomorrow.
I had one episode where the BT in the TCH would not connect with the Treo 700P. I went through all the menus in the NAV and could not figure it out. Finally realized I was fiddling with the wrong component in the puzzle. Did a Reset on the Treo and all has been fine since..

Old 04-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Anyone using a Treo 700p with their TCH?

i soft set, hard set and then realized "I" was fiddling with the wrong component, went to the NAV and started AT THE BEGINNING with the 'register' button and all was well with the BT connection.

still can't get my data transfered. treo 650 to 2007 prius. thanks for your help. Ck

Originally Posted by Big-Foot
I had one episode where the BT in the TCH would not connect with the Treo 700P. I went through all the menus in the NAV and could not figure it out. Finally realized I was fiddling with the wrong component in the puzzle. Did a Reset on the Treo and all has been fine since..