Anyone using a Treo 700p with their TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 04:06 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Anyone using a Treo 700p with their TCH?

Against my better judgement I picked up a Treo 700p (Sprint).
I know, I know, it "officially" does not support the Denso (Toyota or Lexus) Bluetooth car kit implementation but the 650 does so I thought I'd give it a shot. I have 30 days to return it if it doesn't work out.
Any way ...
It Paired, Transferred the phone directory and can make and receive calls but (and this is the annoying part) sometimes it seems to just "get confused".
I've noticed things like:
"Bluetooth Connection Failed" message on the NAV display 30 seconds after the initial TCH startup instead of the usual "Bluetooth Connection Successful" message and then after a a few more seconds I get the "... successfull" message.
On one occasion the sound did not transfer to the TCH system but stayed with the Treo.
So I am curious if others are seeing similar quirks with their 700p or are they working well for the most part even though the Toyota/Lexus Bluetooth implementation is not officially supported by the 700p.
Thanks.
PS. I am resigned to the fact that very few phones (including Treos) support the battery level indicator like my previous Sony Ericsson phones. I can live without that. Even the signal strength seems fixed a mid level (or Sprint's coverage is really that uniform )

Last edited by schmidtj; 10-23-2006 at 04:16 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:18 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone using a Treo 700p with their TCH?

I have a Treo 650 and can not connect it to my bluetooth. If anyone has had success with that model please let me know.

Thanks

Old 10-23-2006, 06:27 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by usahelmut
I have a Treo 650 and can not connect it to my bluetooth. If anyone has had success with that model please let me know.

Thanks
At least for the 650 (depending on your carrier) there is a patch to address mutliple issues including support for Toyota's Hands Free (Prius is listed) Bluetooth implementation. My attorney uses a 650 with the patch without issues on her TCH.
Go here to locate a patch for your specific carrier if applicable:
http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...reo650updater/

Old 10-23-2006, 06:46 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

I own a Treo-700P and was really looking forward to using it (paired) with my TCH.
Actually - the Bluetooth capability was one of the prime motivators in deciding for the TCH over the others..

I only picked up my TCH last week and have not had the opportunity to play with it..

Old 10-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usahelmut

Thanks
My 650 is paired, but I was not able to get it to transfer the phone book. I can make calls using dial by number (when she actually understands the number I am saying), and receive calls just fine.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
My 650 is paired, but I was not able to get it to transfer the phone book. I can make calls using dial by number (when she actually understands the number I am saying), and receive calls just fine.
Have you applied the appropriate patch?
http://www.palm.com/us/support/down...treo650updater/

Old 10-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Funny you should ask, I just downloaded the patch today .

Old 10-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Hi...

Well - I paired my Treo 700p (Sprint) with the TCH's Bluetooth system and found it to work fine (so far). I like the voice-dial function!

I am curious how you "upload" your contacts to the TCH. I've not yet figured this one out...

Oh - the Battery indicator on the TCH does not work, but the signal strength shown is the same as shown on my Treo.

I called my wife (she's used to being my phone Guinea Pig) and she said she could hear me clear as a bell but that it did sound like I was talking from inside a chamber. I suppose there is some sound reflection from the glass that may cause that.

Boy - am I relieved that it paired and functioned!
I would have not been a happy camper at all if it did not work.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Against my better judgement I picked up a Treo 700p (Sprint).
I know, I know, it "officially" does not support the Denso (Toyota or Lexus) Bluetooth car kit implementation but the 650 does so I thought I'd give it a shot. I have 30 days to return it if it doesn't work out.
Any way ...
It Paired, Transferred the phone directory and can make and receive calls but (and this is the annoying part) sometimes it seems to just "get confused".
I've noticed things like:
"Bluetooth Connection Failed" message on the NAV display 30 seconds after the initial TCH startup instead of the usual "Bluetooth Connection Successful" message and then after a a few more seconds I get the "... successfull" message.
On one occasion the sound did not transfer to the TCH system but stayed with the Treo.
So I am curious if others are seeing similar quirks with their 700p or are they working well for the most part even though the Toyota/Lexus Bluetooth implementation is not officially supported by the 700p.
Thanks.
PS. I am resigned to the fact that very few phones (including Treos) support the battery level indicator like my previous Sony Ericsson phones. I can live without that. Even the signal strength seems fixed a mid level (or Sprint's coverage is really that uniform )

I'm having many of the same problems using a 700wx (windows mobile rather than palm OS). I could not transfer contacts.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:37 AM
Enthusiast

I have had a TCH since June 5th, and a Treo 700p since it first came out in May. They absolutely do work together, but there are quirks.
Yes, once in a while connection will fail. You can either wait and it will connect automatically in a short while, or you can force the connection. For me, 90% of the time it connects with 5 seconds of starting the car.
Once every few weeks, I too have the situation where the sound doesn't transfer to the Bluetooth and stays with the Treo instead. The problem seems to be with the Treo. I soft reset the Treo (I recommend a free program called mReset - when you click on it the Treo resets, saving you having to take the battery out to cause a reset) and the Bluetooth works fine afterwards.
Still haven't figured out how to transfer the addressbook to the TCH from Treo.
The only really annoying quirk for me is that the caller id displayed on the NAV screen is not always the person calling. It is usually the last person who called. I have read on several boards that this is a problem for many cell phones on many different car Bluetooth systems, not an issue unique to TCH or Treo. Not that it is much comfort.
Otherwise, based on over 4 months experience, I can say the Treo 700p and TCH work great together.

Quick Reply: Anyone using a Treo 700p with their TCH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands