Any high mileage (odomoter reading) owners out there?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Dazed and Confused
Default Re: Any high mileage (odomoter reading) owners out there?

I have just over 63,000 miles, got the car in october of '06.

So far, just have had routine maintenace with 0w20 synthetic oil at the dealer.

The brakes squeel in the moring when backing out of the driveway, but don't do it any other time.

My AM radio reception does not work now that I have tinted windows. Currently trying to figure out how I can put a different antena on the car to abandon the window array.

My mileage has gone down a bit as the new wore off of driving it for the best mileage. I am now getting between 35 & 37 MPG on a tank during our 90+ degree weather.

Still a very practicle car, and I enjoy haveing a/c with the engine not running.

I will probably keep the car for another 4 years then repalce it with an SUV. It should have about 180,000 miles on it by then.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just as an aside, batteries tend to last longer when 'exercised' (charged up, then discharged). The main stressors for batteries are high temperature and vibration. Being in Phoenix makes me worry about the batteries, but the Hybrid System warranty gives me hope. That and the fact that Toyota's Proving Ground is 30 miles west of town, so they would have done more than a little research on that aspect.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Veracitorian Muser

Originally Posted by ag4ever
My AM radio reception does not work now that I have tinted windows. Currently trying to figure out how I can put a different antena on the car to abandon the window array.
The best solution may be to replace the metallic tint in the rear window with a ceramic tint. I have the ceramic tint, and no radio or cell phone issues.

-- Alan

Old 08-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Enthusiast

I went to a local tint shop yesterday to get a quote for my TCH. The salesman recommended (and I agreed) the Llumar ceramic tint which is designed for a modern vehicle with embedded window antennas and lots of electronics like Bluetooth and NAV.

My install is scheduled for about a week and a half out.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Enthusiast

I have an 07 TCH with 48k and drive about 3200 miles/month. Thing still runs like new..just replaced the OEM tires with some new toyos which improved cabin noise from the previous model michelins. My only hesitation is the battery... i would like to keep the car for 250k or so and am crossing my fingers the battery will hold up that long.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hybrid vehicle batteries have come down a great deal over the years. When the Prius first came out battery replacement was like $10,000. Today Ive heard battery replacement is more like $2,000 including parts and labor (anyone have better information?) and at the current rate, chances are by the time the 2007 TCHs reach 150,000 miles batteries may be far cheaper. Also, at some point in the future I bet plug-in retrofits will be practical and some of us may wind up replacing our batteries as part of a retrofit to turn our cars into plug-in hybrids.