Any high mileage (odomoter reading) owners out there?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Any high mileage (odomoter reading) owners out there?

We're all driving a relatively new car, so I imagine most of us have <30,000 miles.
I'm wondering if there are any >50-60M mile owners. If so, how are they holding up, etc?

Old 07-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Any high mileage (odomoter reading) owners out there?

Haroldo,

If you sort the Camry database by distance, there are 25 owners with over 30,000 miles on their cars with one having 65,000 miles. Hopefully they will speak out and let us hear from them.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Just look at the mileage database (sortable by miles)--2 have 60k+ miles, another with 50k+, 4 more with 40k+, and lots with over 30k. But sure, interesting to hear if they've got any more insights from the miles than others of us who just have the time but not distance.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:45 AM

Yeah, I saw the stats page, but am most interested in hearing from these folks.
Everyone (or nearly everyone) loves a new car and few have problems.
I'm interested in seeing how they hold up.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Any high mileage (odomoter reading) owners out there?

I have a 2003 Prius - 72K and change. Only problem so far has been radio - check posting submitted today - and the way I go through tires, but thats probably all me & doesnt have much to do with the car.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:50 AM

Are there any Prius battery issues for the >100M crowd?
Any idea on the life span of these batteries? (hope it's better than my cell phone's battery!)

Old 07-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Enthusiast

If there were battery issues I should have them - I have driven the car out of gas & until the battery ran out probably 10 times. I also drive with a lead foot from the get go - and have forgotton to turn the car off serveral times over the years & left it running all day while at work. (got distracted by co-worker as soon as I got in the parking lot)

Ive probably gone hundreds of miles just in my neighborhood driving around at 20mph on just the battery until I got to a good stopping spot on my books on tape - the neighbors on all the streets around are used to seeing me - the kids no longer think I'm some sort of looney looking to ****** them.

So far no problems with the battery. Knock on wood.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Last year at Hybridfest, I met a Prius I (Gen One) owner who had close to 400K miles on it, and is probably well over it by now. He has no problems whatsoever.

There are, last I heard, about 3 dozen FEH Taxi's all over 150K, and no problems either, though the first FEH Taxi to get over 150K I believe is no longer in service; Ford bought it back to tear apart and examine, just as Toyota did so with their first Prius Taxi's. There's two members here who have FEH's over 100K, and both report no loss in capacity. In fact, one of them just went through his first brake change at 93K.

On a slight tangent, he's probably not here anymore, but one of the Prius Taxi drivers used to post here as I recall. Toyota bought his Prius Taxi when he hit 100K as memory serves, then gave him a gen II. When that one hit 200K, they bought that one, and gave him a new one. Kind of a funny story.

At the Ford Escape Hybrid Experience, we were told that the batteries were programmed so that they'd outlive the life of the vehicle, I would imagine that Toyota's programming isn't very different.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

well that's great to hear because for me that was one of the biggest questions when you hear the price of the batteries.

thanks for the info pravus.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:42 PM

Batteries are under pollution warranty, similar to cat converters and I think they should have longer warranty than the rest of the car in most states? In NY, CA and few more states they have protection for 150k under original warranty. I'm just around 50k now, nothing to report except I'm loosing about 1/2 quart of oil over 5k. i think it has something to do with me doing full power acceleration sometimes. My old Nissan would burn some oil under full throttle as well. I'm using only full synthetic oil, either Toyota's or Mobil1 so I'm little concerned and need to keep an eye on it. Battery seems to have similar capacity as when brand new, giving me similar EV only driving distance. Michelin tires are still good, so are the break pads, since I just passed NYS inspection. The only maintenance done so far is oil and filter changes done by me.

Quick Reply: Any high mileage (odomoter reading) owners out there?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands