Any HCH converts out there???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Any HCH converts out there???

Hi all, I have a 2k6 HCH and was thinking about trading it in for a TCH. Well actually we were looking at trading in both of our cars HCH -> TCH and an SUV for Hihy.

My questions are ...

Do we have anyone whose traded in the HCH for a TCH and if so, what kind of deal did you get. What are the plusses for the TCH, what are the plusses for the HCH? Any minuses for the TCH?

Just want to know as much as possible before I plunk down a lot of money.

Jayson

Old 03-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Any HCH converts out there???

I did just that myself - SORTA (mine was a Gen 1 HCH)

In June 2006 I traded a 2004 HCH for a 2007 TCH. I got $17,000 for the trade and I owed just slightly more than that, which was rolled into my new loan.

I got a base TCH for around $26,700.

Pluses for the HCH over the TCH:

1. Obviously, better mileage. I had a lifetime of about 48.2 on the HCH, and now sit at 36.1 for my TCH.
2. My car payment with the HCH was about $200 less than with the TCH.

Pluses for the TCH over the HCH:

1. Love, LOVE being able to drive in EV Mode with no gas engine. It's a really cool trait of the Toyota HSD system and I really love to work the car into EV mode as often as possible.
2. The TCH is just so much nicer of a highway car. Tight and quiet and holds the road very well.
3. The extra interior room. My kids are 8 and 10 going on 15 and 17, and I needed to expand the interior to account for their upcoming growth. The HCH is much smaller inside.
4. The TCH is a better looking car, IMHO. Nicer lines, better overall look of luxury.
5. The stereo in the TCH is much much better too.

So I have thoroughly enjoyed the upgrade to the TCH over my old HCH. I long for a 56 MPG tank like my best HCH tank, but Oh Well I can always buy the 2009 Prius and get 80+ if they hold to their promise !!!

Good luck either way. The HCH is a very nice car, but the TCH is just a little notch above it - for MY needs anyway.