Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New Mariner Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Hybrid Lover
Default New Mariner Owner

My wife Lisa and I just bought a 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid. Its Black and Fully loaded. We got 2,200 off the price too, because were the first ones to buy one at the dealership and they wanted us to direct more people there if we get questions. Hey I will take 2200 off for doing that.

We love the car. We live in Minnesota and ours came with a Engine Block heater standard but we can't find the plug to use it, does anyone know where it is?

Old 03-28-2006, 12:25 PM
YA RLY.
Default Re: New Mariner Owner

Hello,

Did you have to place an order for your Mariner over the internet? I seem to remember Ford trying an internet sales only tactic for the Mariner Hybrid.

As for your block heater, I bet it's installed but the power cord was removed. Call your dealer.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:27 PM
World's First Hybrid

Originally Posted by kbutton
My wife Lisa and I just bought a 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid. Its Black and Fully loaded. We got 2,200 off the price too, because were the first ones to buy one at the dealership and they wanted us to direct more people there if we get questions. Hey I will take 2200 off for doing that.

We love the car. We live in Minnesota and ours came with a Engine Block heater standard but we can't find the plug to use it, does anyone know where it is?
They probably forgot to give you the cord. Female plug end usually plugs into the block heater (male) terminals and then you run the cord out the front grill or some other accessible area. Or, you can probably use a short outdoor rated extension cord (blue jacket good to -40F). That's what I used to do for my old jeep..... Don't buy the orange jacketed cord because it will freeze into one big solid coil of wire at low temps....(learned this lesson the hard way in NH when the temp went down to -35F).... When you buy the cord, be sure to check the printing to be sure of the temp rating..

Old 03-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Hybrid Lover

I filled out the form online, but they set you up with a dealer in the area. They ended up finding a car at a different dealership in the area for 200 and we got it 3 days later.

I will check on the block heater thanks, I asked the sales guy I bought it from and he didn't have a clue.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:58 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Welcome to GH, enjoy your new vehicle. Feel free to look around, ask questions, and have fun.

Old 03-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Welcome, and good idea on the block heater, especially in your climate! Hope you find the cord, I'd be back to the dealer in a flash...

Old 03-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Hybrid Lover

Originally Posted by toast64
Welcome, and good idea on the block heater, especially in your climate! Hope you find the cord, I'd be back to the dealer in a flash...

Yeah, I stopped there today. They aren't sure. I have the salesman that sold me the hybrid, checking on it.

Last edited by kbutton; 03-28-2006 at 06:11 PM.