Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New Mariner Owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 02:38 PM
drive of the mariner hev
Default New Mariner Owner

Hello all,

I have just recently purchased my Mariner Hybrid (on the 28th of December actually). I've been wanting one since 2001 when I bought my Ford Focus and found out they were going to make my first choice vehicle (the Escape) as a hybrid. I was fortunate enough that I was the only person listed on the 'hybrid' list at my dealership so when it came in, I was called to take a look at it. I knew I wanted it as soon as I saw it.

It's the fully loaded vehicle and so far I'm very, very proud of owning it for a couple reasons:

1> I like the environment and think everyone should take steps to reduce our violations of it (through gas conservation, recycling, blah blah blah)
2> I despise OPEC
3> I like the idea of having an SUV with better gas mileage AND can go further on a single tank of gas. I live in a rural area and it's at least 230 miles to any real urban city for me.

I found this forum while trying to research a problem with my car radio - specifically the MP3 capable stereo function not playing MP3 discs. I've already looked it over and thought it would be a nice place to join.

Thanks everyone

Rabe...

Old 12-31-2005, 02:42 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: New Mariner Owner

Welcome! I just looked in the database and there are now two Mercury Mariner Hybrids in the Real Hybrid Mileage Database. I think I may go ahead and activate statistics for the vehicle. I wonder how soon is too soon, though, as we can't really provide reliable statistics yet.

Old 12-31-2005, 03:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Welcome, welcome.

Old 01-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

Hello, and welcome to the club!

I hope you enjoy your new MMH, if you haven't already, there's a pretty good FAQ here about the vehicles, that if you haven't read yet, you may wish to.

Enjoy!

Old 01-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Contributor ($)

Rabe,
Welcoem to GH! I had my first ride in a Mariner Hybrid a few weeks ago. It was hard to judge the fuel economy since it was snowing and the Mariner was quite cold. Nice vehicle.

Old 01-02-2006, 06:26 AM
drive of the mariner hev

Originally Posted by Jason
Welcome! I just looked in the database and there are now two Mercury Mariner Hybrids in the Real Hybrid Mileage Database. I think I may go ahead and activate statistics for the vehicle. I wonder how soon is too soon, though, as we can't really provide reliable statistics yet.
Hey! I feel very exclusive then!

Right now I couldn't provide the statistics cause I'm still on my first (roughly) eighth of a tank. However, next weekend I should be taking a very far all the way across another state. I belive it's about 420 miles that I'll be going. A good mix of freeway/highway driving for that. I look forward to seeing how things work out there (and am hoping to only have to 'fill up' twice for the entire trip).

Thanks again for the forum. It's already been pretty helpful.

Rabe...