Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Mariner fan just ordered new 2006 Mariner

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Enthusiast
Default Mariner fan just ordered new 2006 Mariner

Hello All:

My wife had been wanting a 4WD auto in order to safely assure our winter trips to Sisters, OR. I convinced her into looking at the FEH and she loved it. After a bit more research we decided to go with the Mercury Mariner Hybrid because of a few different features from the FEH. We ordered it yesterday evening with a January delivery date in order to take advantage of the tax credit for 2006.

This website has been a wealth of information that helped me in our decision.

Dave

Old 09-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Mariner fan just ordered new 2006 Mariner

Congrats, I'm sure you'll love it.

Hopefully you'll contribute tank data and share the info about it when you get it.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Contributor ($)

Welcome to GreenHybrid and congrats on the purchase.
Did you use the online ordering process? I'd like to hear feedback about it.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Hopefully you'll contribute tank data and share the info about it when you get it.
I certainly plan on contributing. Accurate results can only help providing support for those yet to take the hybrid plunge.

Dave

Old 09-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ericbecky
Welcome to GreenHybrid and congrats on the purchase.
Did you use the online ordering process? I'd like to hear feedback about it.
Thanks for the welcome.

I used the online "Design and Reserve" option. I selected the options and color that I wanted online and I got a series of emails over the next several days. All the emails were very courteous.

The first email (probably an automated response) introduced the Mercury Mariner Hybrid Personal Consultant to me (by name) and said the following:

"Please note that though I can provide a price quote, I am unable to negotiate that price on your behalf. If you choose to negotiate, please do so when you visit the dealership."

Within 4 hours I got a lengthy email from the MMHPC that quoted (from a specific dealer) the same dollar cost as that shown on the online calculations. No premium was added on. The name, phone number, and business hours of the dealer and the name of the sales representative were given.

I called the sales rep and scheduled a visit to see the non-hybrid Mariner . My wife liked it so we started the purchase process.

To actually order the Mariner we had to place a deposit ($1000). We specifically stated that we wanted to take delivery after Jan. 1, 2006. The sales rep (actually the fleet manager) said that would be no problem. He thought that the car would probably be delivered in early December and he had no problem holding it for delivery until early Jan.

I did not try to negotiate a lower price from the quote. I was happy not to have a premium added on. Once before I've ordered a "first year model" and had to pay a premium so no premium was acceptable to me.

We did order a couple small dealer options that were not listed on the online order system (Cargo Retention Net and Interior Cargo Tray) which are both Ford Escape items but should work fine on the Mariner.

If there were any other aspects of the experience that you are interested in then please let me know.

Dave

Old 11-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Enthusiast

Dave,

They gave you a delivery date>?

I was screwed No delivery date mentioned for me... Not even a guess. lol

Congrats on the purchase!