Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Just Discovered the Site!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default Just Discovered the Site!

I've owned a 2005 Civic Hybrid since July, and just discovered the site last night. Learning so much from everyone here! Thank you very much!

Old 11-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: Just Discovered the Site!

Welcome aboard Northsider!
You'll find plenty of resources here. Some of your fellow Chicagoans occaisionally come to our hybrid events in Wisconsin. So be sure to check out the Events section of GreenHybrid as well.

Old 11-09-2005, 09:00 AM

I think there are probably around 8 or so chicago area members here. Maybe we should start having our own events

Maybe do a cubs game next year and invite our neighbors to the north since they were so nice and invited us to their brewers game this summer. Though, I'm not sure if there is much tailgating at cubs games.

Old 11-09-2005, 09:05 AM
Brains of the Operation

Tell all your friends in the South to join the site. It's lonely down here in the southern Atlantic area.

That's probably because there are 3 or 4 hybrids in my state. Maybe 5.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hey Civic Duty, maybe your friends in SC can figure out a way to turn tobacco into some kind of energy source. Wouldn't that be a cool win-win kind of thing?

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but that thought (inane though it may be) just occurred to me.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled topic.

Old 11-09-2005, 06:34 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Just Discovered the Site!

Hi Nick; Welcome to (GreenHybrid) I know you will enjoy all the different Threads and the Post that go with them.

Regards;

Terry

Old 11-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Contributor ($)

tom,
I think you guys should form a Chicago group as well. Seriously. I know there are some Prius owners in the Chicago area that have gotten together occasionally with varying amount of member interest. I'm not sure if you want to try to combine forces? Our group is not hybrid specific kinda' like Greenhybrid and it seems to work just fine.
As Crazy Climber used to say, "Go for it!"

Old 11-10-2005, 07:54 PM

Oh man. Now I feel old because I actualy remember Crazy Climber.

A Chicago group would be great but there is no way I'm going to volunter to start one. Its just too much work.