Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Well I guess....

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 05:28 AM
Automania Enthusiast
Talking Well I guess....

it's about time I introduced myself. Live in upstate NY and the wife wanted a Prius after trying one out and seeing all the 'techy' stuff it has. We were very surprised about the room in it and power, and with two German Shepherds we needed the room coming from a ML320.

Then my mother broke her hip and my problems started. I had a new 05 Tundra DC that I loved, but my Mom was unable to get in and out as a result of her fall. So being a good kid I did a one year swap, and as you know they hurt you real bad, so I decided to get a Highlander Hybrid since the wife loved her Prius so much. Still have my 4wd for the bad weather and hunting and a little better fuel mileage then the Tundra so all in all I'm happy.

Still trying to understand why the Prius has more 'techy' stuff on it then the HH and RX. I really liked the RF keyless entry on the Prius but it's not even on the HH Limited. The RX was very nice, but the 11K more for the RX ($52.5k) over the HH ($42k) I felt was not worth the additional price difference.

Last edited by Bob259; 11-12-2005 at 05:32 AM.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Well I guess....

Hello, and welcome to GH!

Old 11-12-2005, 02:44 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: Well I guess....

Welcome BOB259 to (GreenHybrid). Nothing like having two Hybrids in the family.

Terry

Old 11-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner

Hi Bob!

Upstate NY, eh? Not from around Ithaca (like us), are ya? Check out the "frapper" map - link is a sticky on "Anything Goes" board - and add us another NY pin!

We too are about to become a 2-hybrid family; we have had our 4WD FEH since April, and I just put down a deposit to get a Prius in January (we'll trade in our non-hybrid Ford Escape, which we love, but we really don't need two SUVs). Can't wait to get all that cool techie stuff in the Prius...

Last edited by sweetbeet; 11-14-2005 at 12:32 PM. Reason: misspelling bothering me
Old 11-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Automania Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sweetbeet
Hi Bob!

Upstate NY, eh? Not from around Ithaca (like us), are ya? Check out the "frapper" map - link is a sticky on "Anything Goes" board - and add us another NY pin!

We too are about to become a 2-hybrid family; we have had our 4WD FEH since April, and I just put down a deposit to get a Prius in January (we'll trade in our non-hybrid Ford Escape, which we love, but we really don't need to SUVs). Can't wait to get all that cool techie stuff in the Prius...
Not too far away, Endicott/Owego .

You'll love the Prius and all it's goodies. The keyless entry is great, not sure if it's on all models or if you have to get a specific option package to get it, but it's worth it.