Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

brand new Mercury Mariner hybrid owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default brand new Mercury Mariner hybrid owner

MMH, bought new, with premium package and moonroof. Just what I wanted, with no wait! One came into my local dealership that had been mistakenly marked as already being sold. But even if I had ended up ordering one, they told me there was not a waiting list at Mercury for them.

Fueled up for the first time today, at 326 miles. A bit lower than I wanted, but I'm trying to keep in mind that I'm relearning how to drive. Hopefully subsequent tanks will be higher mileage as I learn the hypermileage tricks.

My next challenge is finding a way to hook up my ipod that doesn't involve a static-filled FM transmitter. I'm leaning towards putting in the Visteon Handsfree kit to get bluetooth in the MMH and waiting for the next gen ipod which might have it built in. Any brilliant suggestions will be appreciated.

-Renclothes

Old 02-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Vegetarian
Default Re: brand new Mercury Mariner hybrid owner

Welcome. Sounds like you got lucky getting the MMH you wanted. Congrats.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

My next challenge is finding a way to hook up my ipod that doesn't involve a static-filled FM transmitter.

wow, I keep hearing of people complaining of static on their fm modulator tuners...
I have one it works great, find a staion on the radio that is staticy (or you cant hear music) set the tuner to the station and listen static free....

Yes congrats on the Mercury!

The Mercury Mainer in its base model would still be concidered the ToP of the line model compaired to the Ford Escape..

All of Mercury's vehicles are the gussied up versions of it Ford counter part..

Kinda like what Cadillac is compaired to Chevorlet...

Last edited by PriusGuy04; 02-25-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Sounds like you've got a plan, welcome to GH and your MMH. Enjoy!

Old 02-26-2006, 12:23 AM
Enthusiast

Hello, also a brand new Mercury Mariner hybrid owner here. Mine same as yours premium package and moonroof. My question is does anyone have satillite radio installed ?