Up-Date on Ordered "2005" Insight :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 08:50 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Up-Date on Ordered "2005" Insight :)

Well Everyone; Here is the rest of the story on the now (2-Month-Wait) on the 2005 Insight.

It arrived at the dealer today and I should get to test drive it on June 29, 05 "Wednesday."

In case you all forgot it is a 2005 Formula Red, A/C, 5-Speed Manual Insight.

Well I am looking forward to the test drive and (Truthfully) wondering what I will think of it once I get to drive it and see how it does.

Well folks thats all the news for now from here in Franklin, Tn. from tiger.

Regards,
terry

Old 07-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Up-Date on Ordered "2005" Insight :)

Well, tigerhonaker, Did you purchase that new Insight?

We would like to hear about the purchase and your impressions.

Hopefully we will have another Insighter in our ranks.

Regards,

Old 07-14-2005, 07:13 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: Up-Date on Ordered "2005" Insight :)

[QUOTE=hawkGT647]Well, tigerhonaker, Did you purchase that new Insight?

We would like to hear about the purchase and your impressions.

Hopefully we will have another Insighter in our ranks.

Regards,[/QUOTE]Don C. ; This could be quite a long answer or a short one. I'll try to do some of both.

The answer in short Don is ""NO".

However I did give the information to some folks on www.insightcentral.net the information on the dealers name and the contact person at the Honda dealership that is next door to the dealership that I work for. A fellow by the name of mbarrett from Atlanta Ga. flew up a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday and the dealer sent a driver to pick him and his wife up at the airport and bring them back to the dealership where he purchased the Insight and they drove it back to Atlanta Ga. There are postings on InsightCentral under the thread " Any 2005s Left" ? If anyone on this Forum wishes to read the info. on this subject.

So Don, I didn't end up with the Insight but I did drive it for a number of days before returning it to the Honda dealer.

I did get some info. from a Mgr. and his comments to me were that Honda is going to build 2006 Insights and there are going to be changes to the 2006 Insight.

So I decided to wait the few months that it will be to see exactly what Honda is going to do with the 2006 Insight.

I was told that the Insight will have more power. This makes me think that The IMA and Battery Pack will be the same ones that are going in the 2006 HCH. If this is fact then the 2006 Insight will be one fun car to drive with the extra power from the the new IMA/Battery Pack.

I guess time will tell:

BTW it was good to here from you again, stay in touch

Regards;

Terry