How do I find the "born on" date ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 01:36 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default How do I find the "born on" date ????

I remember reading somewhere thats its on the jamb of the doorstop, but I looked, and it only says 12/05. Does anyone know how to find the date and all that business ???? Do I have to look for it on the car, with the VIN, or what ????

Old 03-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Rarely post anything
Default Re: How do I find the "born on" date ????

At this point, the only way you're going to know the *exact* date the car was built on is to contact Torrance, and ask them nicely (they probably won't want to do it, given what they'll have to look up to get it).

The way I knew mine was that I had a salesperson I'm tight with, and he made copies for me of the dealer reports along the way. Thus, I got to see that my car was built on 12/28, got on the boat on 12/31, and was scheduled to arrive w/o 1/16-1/20 (it arrived at the dealer on the 18th, and I took delivery on 21 Jan). There's another post I have somewhere that details this process.

Bottom line is, if you're wanting this, stop by your dealer about once a week and check to see how things are going, before your car is built, shipped, etc. Ask to see the 'dealer stock / transit report', or have them check 'IN' (Honda Interactive Network) online for you.

Of course, if you're buying from dealer stock, then you lose this knowledge - but you can gain it, and you probably got a better chance of getting the car under MSRP, too