Woohoo!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Woohoo!

Id rather save money at the gas station than be able to go from 0-60 in 4.5 seconds...and when do you really have to accelerate from 0-60?? almost never!

im trying to convince ppl to buy hybrids..I notice ppl looking at me at stop lights usually checking out the civic's rims. Its a great car to show off

Old 09-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Enthusiast

Hey Morgan,
Just be careful about interpreting that first tank. I know my HCH2 started out displaying 22mpg with about 30 miles on it. Too much idling in the dealership before I got to it, was my guess. By the second tank I was over 50mpg, and it is still climbing as it breaks in.

As for age, I started off a decade ago at your age getting one of the most fuel efficient small cars available, a Saturn that would return about 34mpg. Now I am moving on up, and never plan to drop back down again. Not even for a snazzy M5 or Z4. However, a 0-60 in 4 sec Tesla roadster may be another story

Congratulations, and welcome! You made a great choice

KP

Old 09-15-2006, 03:10 PM
'06 HCH Owner

Originally Posted by dogarm
Hey Morgan,
Just be careful about interpreting that first tank. I know my HCH2 started out displaying 22mpg with about 30 miles on it. Too much idling in the dealership before I got to it, was my guess. By the second tank I was over 50mpg, and it is still climbing as it breaks in.

As for age, I started off a decade ago at your age getting one of the most fuel efficient small cars available, a Saturn that would return about 34mpg. Now I am moving on up, and never plan to drop back down again. Not even for a snazzy M5 or Z4. However, a 0-60 in 4 sec Tesla roadster may be another story

Congratulations, and welcome! You made a great choice

KP
Well that makes me feel better. I'm still at 40mpg and just over 400 miles, still on the first tank but not much left. I wanted to run it pretty low before filling up but I don't think my mpg is going to go up much more. I was hoping the next tank would be a different story. Not that 40 is bad but I would love to get at or near 50.

Before getting my car I had been reading about people trying to drive in EV mode and having a difficult time and I have been trying the last few days and it seems really easy for me, I can do it quit a bit and for extended periods of time, usually until the road elevates the slightest bit and then it stops or I have to stop for traffic.

Do you usually stop after the first click when filling your tank or try to get more gas ?

Old 09-16-2006, 04:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

I always stop at the first click. It gives me a pretty reasonable expectation of the gas that I used on that tank if I always fill to the first click, for manual calculations.

Also, it depends a lot on what type of driving you have to do, and what the terrain is around you as to how high your MPG is. I use a fair amount of fuel efficient techniques, but I can't do all of them because in my job, I need to get places fast, or I'm stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, which KILLS MPG due to the constant starting and stopping. Overall, you can see my average. I've only had two tanks over 50 MPG, but with my driving needs, that's not too bad. I have had segments in this area that are around 60 MPG, but I can't sustain that with where and how fast I have to drive somewhere.