HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Woohoo...got our new HCH last night!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Enthusiast
Default Woohoo...got our new HCH last night!

Sup All,

We finally got our new HCH 2007 in Galaxy Grey last night with 17 miles on it.

This is our first brand new car....love that new car smell!!

Have not really driven it since I am waiting for Rejex to arrive so I can apply it . Also have to do Scotchgard.

Before I do that however, I had a couple of questions for you experts.

My dealer was trying to sell me a $300 PSC Autoshield Car Care system. The promise was that it will protect my outside and inside. The fabrics inside will be protected from spills and so on. It uses something called Banoyl for fabrics. It doesn't need to be reapplied ever it says. And protects from oil and water based stains.

My question is: Is this the same thing as Scotchgard and Rejex stuff? Both of which I can buy and apply for far less than $300.

Anyone?

Oh, the dealer tried to sell me warranty for 5/60K bumper-bumper for "only" $1,200!!!! I said no...since I am smarter now after reading the Warranty thread!

Old 12-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Woohoo...got our new HCH last night!

WWeeelllllCooooMMMee ee

Old 12-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Awesome! The HCHII was my first new car ever too. And I ScotchGuarded and waxed that baby right away.

Enjoy the car!

Old 12-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Scotchguard is only about $10.00 a can and does a great job. Bet you can't waite to hit the road! Your going to enjoy the HCH2, they are a very nice car and thrifty. H

Old 12-04-2007, 02:05 PM

Congrats on the car and congrats on avoiding dealer add-ons.

Welcome!

Old 12-04-2007, 02:20 PM

Congrats on your new car! I really doubt the dealer has some "special $300 car care products". Just do it yourself!

Old 12-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you...Thank you....I can't wait to drive it....hope Rejex comes today.

Anyways, the dealer also "De-Activated" their super duper Alarm system. They said it was $400 if I wanted to keep it. Now I only have the "standard" alarm.

They said their alarm had sensors on the windows and would immobilize the car and they can't hotwire it either. The regular won't do that according to the dealer.

Anyone experience this one before?

And when I declined, it was strange how they deactivated it....they took a little piece of "what looked like plastic" and turned on my car and then tried to plug it on the side of the steering wheel. That's it...it was de-activated according to them. Seemed very strange to me.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:29 PM

Good for you, saying no to all that rip off dealer stuff!

All that stuff has a 10000000% profit ratio for the dealers.

No way would I buy any of it.

Last edited by kenny; 12-04-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:54 PM

All that stuff has a 10000000% profit ratio for the dealers.
especially the super advanced alarm system that they were going to activate for $400. That is the biggest load I've ever heard.

Never go back to that dealer. Find another one. Even if it's farther. An honest dealer is worth so much. What was the dealership name?

Old 12-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Enthusiast

Honda Cars of Corona.

I would certainly not go back to them for anything again. They did give me a good deal I think.

I got the car (non navi) for $20,090 + Tax/Lic. Not sure if wheel locks are separate or not, but that was there, and so was a Trunk cargo mat and mud guards. I would have thought they would go after me for those, but they didn't. I don't think those things are standard.

I read here about the alarm system and the part we need to activate it. I am not sure if I need that. I just want it to make a sound when someone tries to break in.

Quick Reply: Woohoo...got our new HCH last night!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands