Old 04-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Selling a 2007 Prius for yet another HCH-2

I could do that, but its not a Prius! <grin>

Old 04-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by 2007HCHOttawa
Its interesting that you were able to sell the Prius for your purchase price. Especially since new cars now come with the $4000 rebate.
Well, it is interesting indeed. But then, there are two dynamics at work here:

1- this FED and Provicial incentive stuff created a total depletion of local inventories. Some dealers have waiting lists and that means that the highest bidder will get his/her car sooner. This is true for the new HCH-2 I am getting as well. You have to get on a waiting list because there are folks who will pay the dealer more to have their car sooner.

2- The dealers know people are getting $4000 for their new Prius or HCH so they shamelessly refuse to sell the car for less than $2000+MSRP - they literally scoff at the national MSRP value posted on Toyota or Honda's web site. I know because I visited other dealers before ordering from my usual one. So, my Prius was effectively a small bargain given its state and the fact that I included an additional set of winter wheels with it + a scangauge II that I got from a recent Group Buy at PriusChat.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 04-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Hybrid-Hugger

Ironically, we get zero provincial rebates in Alberta. Hmm, do you think they want everyone here to keep guzzling Alberta's gas!!!!

Old 04-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

If I recall correctly Mr. Klein mentioned he did not believe in Global warming ... who knows, maybe his ideas do have some traction among some Albertans?

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 04-26-2007, 11:01 AM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS

Msantos, which aspect of the ergos didn't your wife like? I'm short-5'5"-and the HCH2 ergos just didn't work for me.The seats-front and back-were just too low making it too hard for a 56yo and a 63yo to get in and out of.The Prius seats sit about 4" higher than the HCH2's, and make entry and exit a lot easier. Of course, the low seats/low roofline is why the Civics do so well in hy mpg.
We constantly use theextra cargo capacity of the Prius,and will probably use it as a long road trip vehicle.The Civics are just a bit small for traveling with 2 adults,a big dog,and waaaay too much luggage.They are a bit sportier feeling thanthe Prius, but the accel. is pretty leisurely.
Luck,
Charlie

Old 04-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Well, I love the car and that alone kind of forced her to accommodate the Prius from the beginning. When she first saw it she did not like the interior styling, she was not too vocal but she did mention it. She claimed is was too odd and unconventional and too much of a transition between her previous car (2004 Acura EL) and the Prius. I think as the time went by she almost (reluctantly) got used to it, but she still complained everytime she got a chance.

Her first pet peeve was the driver's seat not being height adjustable. She has to use a moldable cushion on the seat so that she can see better. She's not very tall, but her claims that the rear blind spots are the biggest she ever experienced remain to this day.
Then it is the dash and the instrumentation & trim... well anyway, I'll leave it at that.

All I know is that no car is perfect for everybody and I know now for sure what she does not like it. Besides our lifestyle and other conditions also have a bearing on the types of vehicles that may be best for us. As you kindly pointed out you are happy with your choice.
But in this case she's made a choice and from where I stand is not a lesser choice at all. Perhaps in the eyes of some, but definitely not in the eyes of many others.

By the way, we also looked at the Camry Hy back then and she called that a very nice toyota hybrid. The only reason we did not buy it was the trunk space being no improvement over the HCH and it being too large (externally).

Cheers;

MSantos