Selling a 2007 Prius for yet another HCH-2

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Selling a 2007 Prius for yet another HCH-2

Well, I am about to sell my 2007 Prius to my company. As strange as it may seem it is a better thing to do from a personal point of view. Saddly, this is because the Prius has not been the better hybrid for our extreme winters. Right now, I'm getting exceptional mileage in it (and getting better as it warms up more) but it was not so at -30F to -40F weather... My wife also kept hating it more and more as each month went by and as some of you may guess: a spouse's opinion carries alot of weight. Occasionally, we appreciate the cargo ability but she hates the ergonomics and the interior design more often (clue: she's not too tall) . I liked it alot though, it is load of fun.

So... that pretty much places us in a collision path with yet another HCH-2. Strangely enough, from a financial situation it is also a sound bet. I'm getting a good price on my 07 Prius since at the moment there is none to be found in the local dealer's lots and I'm getting $4,000 for my new 07 HCH-2. The way I see it: a Win-win situation.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 04-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Selling a 2007 Prius for yet another HCH-2

Your saying you actually got a new 2007 HCH 2 plus $4000 for you Prius? That is not a bad deal if it was a base Prius. Even if it was fully loaded its a far deal. Sounds like you didn't use it much? The HCH actually handles our Canadian winters better? I felt that ,way and went with a HCH. I was a bit worried about the traction control. Who gets the new one?

Old 04-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Sorry, I should have been clearer...
I *sold* my Prius for the price I bought it for: ~$31K for a base model and has only 7,000 kms. Back in October 2006, I did not get any goverment rebate at all.

With my 2007 HCH I am getting the $4000 rebate ($2K provincial and $2K federal).
My wife is getting the new HCH-2. The build date is scheduled for May 17 and delivery is to occur 1-2 weeks later so she just can't wait.

Cheers;

MSantos

Last edited by msantos; 04-24-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:57 PM

msantos; is that $2000 Fed tax credit for 2007 mod. only. Is it available in Man. only or all Provinces? I have never herd of this Fed. $2000 credit here in B.C.. I purchased a HCH in Dec. 2006. Did the dealer have the forms or did you send for them?

Old 04-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

As far as I know, BC, NWT, Ontario and Quebec have been offering a $1K credit in past years. I don't know what they and others are offering now. The $2K federal tax credit should apply to all provinces. You get the form online here (see instructions at the bottom):

http://www.tc.gc.ca/programs/environ...rt/ecoauto.htm

The provincial rebate is obtained at the time the vehicle is registered.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 04-24-2007, 08:09 PM

Thank you msantos. I applied for the forms, but I have a feeling it is for lease purchase only Thanks again.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:56 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

I don't think so. It should apply to purchases (no financing) and long term lease deals. That is the criteria.

I know that for sure because I never lease a vehicle for non-business use.

MSantos

Old 04-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msantos
Sorry, I should have been clearer...
I *sold* my Prius for the price I bought it for: ~$31K for a base model and has only 7,000 kms.
Great deal for sure.

Its interesting that you were able to sell the Prius for your purchase price. Especially since new cars now come with the $4000 rebate.

And regarding the rebates ... the provincial rebates (obviously) vary from province to province. Ontario offers $2000. The federal rebate is applicable to all "fuel efficient" vehicles purchased new (or leased) anywhere in Canada. msantos already provided the link. If you look there ... it also applies to 2006 model year cars that were purchased new after Mar 20th 2007. And the $ amount of the rebate varies based on the fuel efficiency of the car. Both rebates (atleast here in Ontario) are essentially "mail-in" rebates ... although the actual process for the federal rebate hasn't been defined yet. For the provincial rebate we have to send in copies of the bill of sale along with the registration and ofcourse the rebate form. Also the Ontario rebate is a rebate on the PST so you get back upto $2000 of the PST you paid. So watch out for the trade-ins.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:11 AM

It sounds like I may be out of luck! I purchased in Dec. 2006 Thanks for infoe, anyway. Thought I may have got a little windfall!!!

Old 04-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

Well maybe, you can follow msantos' lead and sell yours and go buy a new 2007 HCH

Quick Reply: Selling a 2007 Prius for yet another HCH-2

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands